Hero checks, MP bets $1, Hero raises to $3, MP calls $2

Turn: ($10.25) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, MP calls $7

River: ($24.25) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $21, MP calls $20.60 and is all-in

Results:
      $65.45 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: 9 T J A 2
      Hero showed Q A and won $0.00 (-$32.60 net)
      MP showed T T and won $62.45 ($29.85 net)

Opponent is a fish, I've only 100 hands on him
  • 5 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Preflop would have called as well.
      On the flop I dont like the chR, I would accept the odds given and call with oesd + 2oc. With the 1card draw we dont have much implied odds, he could have many combos wich we dont have good equity against.
      I would have taken the passive line all the way in the hand, despite the drawheavy board it's kind of a wa/wb situation, plus we have a draw ourselves with the Q.
      As played, on the river with that push it is very hard for him to call with a weaker hand, plus folds all the busted draws.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      dunno about preflop. Seems like 3bet is better to me ;/

indeed ch/r flop isn't that good... Doubt u have fe vs fish so call is best. When we call and hit that turn than lead out! Now as played I like obv a cbet. Don't like the push otr, doubt worse hands call is. I'd bet $10 vs a J... But actually thats only vs QJ and KJ which isn't that much. On the other hand ch/f looks too weak and ch/c won't be good since he's passive.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BruceLee89,

Assuming that the opponent is kind of loose I don't really see any reason to Check/Raise the flop. Vs any hand you are ahead and he is folding you most likely beat with Ace high as well. :D Therefore I'd at the best just Check/Call and reevaluate the further actions. Don't try to bluff a loose opponent.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello BruceLee89,

Assuming that the opponent is kind of loose I don't really see any reason to Check/Raise the flop. Vs any hand you are ahead and he is folding you most likely beat with Ace high as well. :D Therefore I'd at the best just Check/Call and reevaluate the further actions. Don't try to bluff a loose opponent.

Best Regards.
      call preflop > 3bet? Maybe this is also a value3bet vs that villain?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello BruceLee89,

Best Regards.
      call preflop > 3bet? Maybe this is also a value3bet vs that villain?
      Both options are practically fine. Didn't have any stats on him, he could be a fish who plays 60/5 as well. :D