This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 AQs

• BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      SB: $52.33 (104.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $32.60 (65.2 bb)
      CO: $49.88 (99.8 bb)
      BTN: $145.98 (292 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      MP raises to $2, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 9 T J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1, Hero raises to $3, MP calls $2

Turn: ($10.25) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, MP calls $7

River: ($24.25) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $21, MP calls $20.60 and is all-in

Results:
      $65.45 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: 9 T J A 2
      Hero showed Q A and won $0.00 (-$32.60 net)
      MP showed T T and won $62.45 ($29.85 net)

Opponent is a fish, I've only 100 hands on him
  • 5 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Preflop would have called as well.
      On the flop I dont like the chR, I would accept the odds given and call with oesd + 2oc. With the 1card draw we dont have much implied odds, he could have many combos wich we dont have good equity against.
      I would have taken the passive line all the way in the hand, despite the drawheavy board it's kind of a wa/wb situation, plus we have a draw ourselves with the Q.
      As played, on the river with that push it is very hard for him to call with a weaker hand, plus folds all the busted draws.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      dunno about preflop. Seems like 3bet is better to me ;/

indeed ch/r flop isn't that good... Doubt u have fe vs fish so call is best. When we call and hit that turn than lead out! Now as played I like obv a cbet. Don't like the push otr, doubt worse hands call is. I'd bet $10 vs a J... But actually thats only vs QJ and KJ which isn't that much. On the other hand ch/f looks too weak and ch/c won't be good since he's passive.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BruceLee89,

Assuming that the opponent is kind of loose I don't really see any reason to Check/Raise the flop. Vs any hand you are ahead and he is folding you most likely beat with Ace high as well. :D Therefore I'd at the best just Check/Call and reevaluate the further actions. Don't try to bluff a loose opponent.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello BruceLee89,

Assuming that the opponent is kind of loose I don't really see any reason to Check/Raise the flop. Vs any hand you are ahead and he is folding you most likely beat with Ace high as well. :D Therefore I'd at the best just Check/Call and reevaluate the further actions. Don't try to bluff a loose opponent.

Best Regards.
      call preflop > 3bet? Maybe this is also a value3bet vs that villain?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello BruceLee89,

Best Regards.
      call preflop > 3bet? Maybe this is also a value3bet vs that villain?
      Both options are practically fine. Didn't have any stats on him, he could be a fish who plays 60/5 as well. :D