[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR QQ Shove call - Right decision?

• DemonDavies
      DemonDavies
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $1.51 (75.5 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      UTG+1: $4.17 (208.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $2 (100 bb)
      MP1: $2 (100 bb)
      MP2: $4.53 (226.5 bb)
      MP3: $2.04 (102 bb)
      CO: $2.63 (131.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q Q
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06, MP2 calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.32) 3 J 8 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, BB folds, MP2 raises to $0.48, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.43 and is all-in, MP2 calls $0.95

Turn: ($3.18) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($3.18) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $3.18 pot ($0.19 rake)
      Final Board: 3 J 8 2 A
      Hero showed Q Q and won $2.99 ($1.48 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$0.08 net)
      MP2 showed 7 J and lost (-$1.51 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.08 net)

I've dropped down to NL2 to try and learn to beat the micros properly before moving up again.
      The MP2 player is fairly tight, but his move from MP made me think his range was was a little later than his early position plays. I was wary, but i thought shoving back with QQ's was a good decision. I know it was a tight race, and this time round i lost, but would this be a profitable move against similar players again in the future?

Cheers, DD.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DemonDavies,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack if playing BSS. :)

Preflop: You should be raising bigger while vs 2 limpers and also being OOP, I'd do it even $0,14.
      Postflop: For the given awkward stack sizes I doubt that it's going to be easy to fold for our hand while he could as well have Jx hands here and maybe even draws. So ship it.

Best Regards.
    • DemonDavies
      DemonDavies
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz, thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay on my behalf, i've not been well.

I was playing MSS at that point and sat down with $1.20 on each table. Think i was 4 tableing at the time.

I'm glad i made the right move in shoving, it's just sometimes i find some hands hard to fold, and although i think i'm a fairly well disciplined player, i do have plenty of leaks that need sealing.

I am looking at some coaching to improve and move up the stakes, and i find the tutorials here at PS to be awesome.

Cheers, DD
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      NH
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DemonDavies
      Hi Veriz, thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay on my behalf, i've not been well.

I was playing MSS at that point and sat down with $1.20 on each table. Think i was 4 tableing at the time.

I'm glad i made the right move in shoving, it's just sometimes i find some hands hard to fold, and although i think i'm a fairly well disciplined player, i do have plenty of leaks that need sealing.

I am looking at some coaching to improve and move up the stakes, and i find the tutorials here at PS to be awesome.

Cheers, DD
      You are welcome, I hope you will enjoy around here. Try maybe even to get some articles open for yourself with Silver rank. A lot of great content around and not only in articles.