$54.02
      MP2 (Hero):
      $54.27
      MP3:
      $51.61
      CO:
      $20.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, MP3 raises to $6.00, 5 folds, Hero raises to $15.00, MP3 calls $9.00.

Flop: ($32.25) J, 6, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($32.25) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $39.27, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $32.25.

Villain 12/10/3.7% 3bet, 4% sqz( this is his first time) fold to 4bet (first time too)

I have problem handling this kind of situation.

I straight away put him on QQ+ AK+, but it doesnt turns out this way....
  • 9 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      He's a nit and sqzes vs MP1. I fold here my AKs vs his squeeze. But I 3bet myself vs MP1 his openrange unless he is also nitty.

As played I like the check on the flop... My rule is not to bet unless you hit when you are in 4b pot vs a caller. Rly weird he checks behind there. So it must be AK I guess or KK that wants to trap you. So with that in mind I just bet pretty small to get a bit of value from KK or something
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      As played I like the check on the flop... My rule is not to bet unless you hit when you are in 4b pot vs a caller. Rly weird he checks behind there. So it must be AK I guess or KK that wants to trap you. So with that in mind I just bet pretty small to get a bit of value from KK or something
      what are the ideas? :D

ofc it's villain dependant but i check nearly 100% of flops in 4bet pots, specially with AK :f_biggrin:
      my thoughts are that when i hit villain will have a hard time continuing with worse, so it automatically balances with my c/f :D
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      True
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      WHAT! are you going to just agree like that :f_mad:

actually to break it down, i nearly always check when out of position to give opp an opportunity to float.
      when in position i bet more often, ie when we have AA on 752 and have to "protect from overcards" (ie a K or something is going to kill the action vs QQ-). then may or may not checkbehind turn

this hand is interesting, maybe should check turn but then he may check behind to realize his equity with a :club:
      i don't think we are called by worse when we shove though, maybe some funky betsizing?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Evante,

Preflop: No need to 4bet in first place here, against nit I'd just fold it. :)

As played
      Postflop: As long I would rather avoid him Checking behind while not sure how often he even bluffs here I'd Bet myself something like $14 which will not give him correct odds to Call and at the same time forces make to mistake. If he has Ax he is going to ship it anyways. With going all-in you just make worse to fold and with Checking you most likely wont see bluffs. :P

Best Regards.
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Preflop: No need to 4bet in first place here, against nit I'd just fold it.

Sorry for being such a fish

A reg with 4% 3bet is consider a fish?

I have encounter players with 10/9/7% 3bet over a 1000 hands...

so i have no idea...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Evante
      Preflop: No need to 4bet in first place here, against nit I'd just fold it.

Sorry for being such a fish

A reg with 4% 3bet is consider a fish?

I have encounter players with 10/9/7% 3bet over a 1000 hands...

so i have no idea...
      Why fish? Pretty standard question at some point everyone of us faced such a situation and didn't know what to do. :)

Well, it's not the 3bet what comes into handy here but rather Squeeze. I am not saying that he is doing it always with a strong hand but that mainly depends on the dynamics as well. How he sees you, how he sees the MP1. With some specific information I wouldn't mind even. But for such a guy usually the 3bet is stronger 4% isn't that huge (while I didn't have hands sample either). :)
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      i am so sorry, i meant nit
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Evante
      i am so sorry, i meant nit
      Nah, I meant your sentence about "Sorry for being such a fish". :)