This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] FR5 ZOOM folding AK preflop

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $6.07
      SB: $5.07
      Hero (BB): $8.99
      UTG: $5.98
      UTG+1: $2.04
      UTG+2: $7.04
      MP: $5.00
      MP+1: $2.95
      CO: $4.08

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, fold, fold
      4/4/0steal/49hands :f_eek:
      i just don't know how i'm going to get any value vs this guy being out of position

BTN wins $0.12
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

You could still have called and played postflop the hand. :) That's exactly what I was talking about, auto-pilot, robot play. :D Lets fold and wait for AA/PPs. :f_biggrin:

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      but what's my postflop plan? autopilot would be to call, i mean who folds AK preflop :D but then i couldn't find a reason ?(
      i'm still playing 17/14 which is quite loose imo :P

i don't know anything about how he plays post and AK is nearly bottom of his range probably... i could call IP, but didn't want to OOP
      and when i only hit 30% and don't know anything about whether he can even fold postflop i didn't see how i could play it profitable...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      but what's my postflop plan?

Do you think I am able to answer you this kind of question with just one sentence without seeing the board, nor any action nor knowing the opponent? :f_biggrin:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      but the real problem is that we don't know anything at all about how he plays postflop...
      massive nit who has only opened 2 hands so far and got folds :f_mad:

what is our default line on Kxxr? c/c 3 streets, bet/fold turn and river vs missed cb? try a c/r on T98? i mean we don't have even one postflop hand on him :f_cry:
      i still would play this IP all the time, but OOP is eww
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      but the real problem is that we don't know anything at all about how he plays postflop...
      massive nit who has only opened 2 hands so far and got folds :f_mad:

what is our default line on Kxxr? c/c 3 streets, bet/fold turn and river vs missed cb? try a c/r on T98? i mean we don't have even one postflop hand on him :f_cry:
      i still would play this IP all the time, but OOP is eww
      I would assume he also plays nitty postflop and maybe even if doesn't hit just gives up. :D

I would most likely Check/Call and reevaluate further actions/streets/bet sizes, hard to say. If you once get some hands then just try to post them. :)

And yes, even Check/Raising is possible, especially if you have some draws yourself or backdoors.