This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10: AA/overpairs making me lose money

• stefanoj
      stefanoj
      Bronze
      Hi

I will post a couple of hands that illustrate a problem I'm facing on the lower limits ($0,04/$0,10). The thing is that, even with a big raise before the flop and nothing really scary on the flop, overpairs (including AA) are making me lose money.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A :club: , A :heart:
      UTG+1 raises to $0,24, 5 folds, BU calls $0,24, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,60, UTG+1 calls $0,36, BU calls $0,36.

Flop: ($1,82) Q :diamond: , 5 :heart: , 2 :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1,00, UTG+1 calls $1,00, BU folds.

Turn: ($3,82) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2,56 (All-In), Hero calls and is all-in, UTG+1 calls and is all-in.

River: ($13,37) T :club:

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q :spade: , Q :diamond:
      UTG+2 raises to $0,20, 4 folds, BU raises to $0,60, SB folds, Hero calls $0,56, UTG+2 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,82) 2 :spade: , 6 :spade: , 8 :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks *, UTG+2 checks, BU calls and is all-in, Hero calls $1,94, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: ($5,70) 5 :diamond:
      River: ($5,70) J :heart:

* I checked here because BU was very aggressive, and he pushed pre-flop too

These are not isolated cases. I've been consistently losing money with good hands, like AA, because of this. This is really affecting my game, as I don't feel confident enough in some hands, even though I'm supposed to be ahead. Any thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Need the stack sizes.
      Hand #1

You should raise (3 + number of callers) x initial raise, so about $1 preflop. And bet like 2/3 of pot on flop.

nh

Hand #2
      looks good, maybe if you have reads that BU 3bets light, you can reraise him
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) You should 3-bet with AA at least 1$, (0,24x3+the rest money in the pot (around 0,3$). SInce you 3-bet small, then both UTG and BU get very good odds to call for set value or anything that they opened.
      You could make a little larger contibet on the flop 1,4$, but that 1/2 pot bet is also fine, if you´re shoving with any turn card.
      You´re not c/f turn, so you could esily shove the turn.
      2) NL 5 level I would 4-bet/call (to 1,8$) with QQ. You could check flop, but since you only have potsize left then you can easily shove flop.