omfg lost 16 buyins today

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      This is the worst poker day for me. ever. Yesterday I was ''up'' playing nl25 sss 140 bucks, today there are only 60 left. I was loosing all day, but I sticked playing (strict!) sss game with no, to hardly any blind stealing. I was loosing (ofcourse) my JJ vs AA, KK, QQ, i fucking hate pocket jacks. And then I lose some more. My KK vs AA a couple of times.. My AA were hardly getting any action, and when they did, I lost 2 out of 3 times. Once a big multiway pot with my AA vs A8s, when I actually hit on the flop (there was like 15-20 bucks in the pot ->which is a lot for my limit) :

5 :spade: A :club: 7 :spade: , I pushed ofcourse, But there were two opps in

hand, and they called. The turn gave

K :club: , and they both checked :evil: , river then brought

10 :club: , one villan folded, and the other ofcourse had A9 clubs omfg.

I've done everything by the book, posted hands, asked questions... Here is my graph and stats (this month, and this week only).

I dunno if I have enough energy to give SSS another try and move down to that sick nl 10 limit full of shorstackers (like me). I'll maybe quit poker, just for one month, till i get rakeback, and stick to nl 25 (until I bankrupt again at least). This kind of swings can't be normal ??? I must be doing smth wrong...

From my experience SSS works. Sometimes. But most of the time, when it doesn't, it fails big time. IMHO. I can't make any cash with it, I know that I can't go completley broke either, because it's mathematicly correct. At best I'm slightly up, but most of the time I'm breakeven with it. thank god for rakeback. I'm just so fkin angry :evil:

Well maybe it's a good thing I lost alot. This month all I did, was thinking about poker. Everyday. A lot. Even with this downswing (bad play?) I probably couldn't stop playing completly. But I must study for exams, so It's better to lleave it asside completly for a while..

Did a say I was angry? grrr
  • 31 replies
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Online poker is obviously rigged. If you want proof of that, just check the hand you posted. Those bastards put 2 A :club: s in the deck!
      In all seriousness, browse this forum for some threads and you'll find that SSS works well enough, if applied correctly. You're obviously having just your share of bad beats and that's just poker.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      you can't blame strategy, that's probably the most unlucky SSS graph i've ever seen (in terms of big blinds at least)

even your stats look good...
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Meh your graphs are not that bad at all, when i hit my sss downswin, then i lost over 50$ on NL10 to bad beats.
      So just keep playing, it will let you go finaly :P
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Join the I hate SSS club - horrid mate. I know how you feel X(
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Matkov, do not worry, look at my stats after 55K on NL10...:) :) ...

Drach`s trial blog

Just play your best game, post and evaluate hands, discuss on forum...it will go better for shure, downswings are normal, even such huge as you had...;)

Drach
    • jmaric7
      jmaric7
      Bronze
      after 30k hands I was arround 600$ up playing sss nl10 and nl25 and then started killing me with bad beats and bad luck- downswing to 100$ in 2 weeks. lost 95% of coinflips, loosing poket A vs 97s, kk,qq- you just name it. I am just sorry that I did not started playing with BSS.
      And loosing 20 buyins a day was no problem to me.

I just hope to have great upswing or that I loose everything and stop playing for good. (Hope second scenario will not happened)
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by jmaric7. I am just sorry that I did not started playing with BSS.
      Dont be sorry, real poker has bad beats too :D
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Is BSS supposed to magically make the bad beat go away? lol
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      thanks guys for cheering me up :D And to Timor, obviously I made a mistake posting that hand, but you got the picture of what happened. :P

I just wanted to ask, are my stats good for playing sss? Am I too aggresive (total AF is 10?). Is the sample big enough? What do my graph say to you? Is it bad luck, or bad play? Most of the time I don't bluff, and yesterday I didn't bluff at all -> I played ABC SSS poker. And is that kind of a downswing even possible if I was making everything by the book, surely I did smth wrong :rolleyes:

thanks guys, maybe I'll only play today again, because I am so close to become gold, and I would like to watch that nl200 SSS video by Xarry :D

Drachdudek : Was it frustrating, playing nl10 right? You skipped to nl 25, when you got rakeback?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      your stats are standard for the limits you play
      your downswing is pretty standard too
      what you had to do is to fall back earlier
      any time I climb the limit, i have a stop loss of 5 buy-ins, this helps a lot

good luck
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      I think your stealling range is small, but i think is normal for NL10 as you are learning and playing ABC SSS, other stats are OK by my opinion, but let that some SSS expert comment to you..

Actually i didnt go higher because of the rakeback, because i didnt get any in that time:) , because of some technical issues:) . Actually i finished in 19th place in the IRON MAN freerool and also i was playing SNGs for some time when i was on NL10 and that improved my bankrool, but in general i think you have just some bad luck and bad beats, so maybe try to use some improved "Xyleres" SSS hints, you will get them in his blog and it will help you...;)
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      It's normal, it's PartyPoker, it's NL25. Maybe you should play less tables and choose tables more wisely.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      It's Full Tilt. Even worse right ? :D I think I chose tables very wise, there must be at least 28% VPIP and average pot must be bigger then on most tables, I also check that there are not more than 2 shortstackers at a table. I kinda like NL25 thou, because there really aren't a lot of shortstackers and I think people are more loose. NL10 on Fulltilt is a nightmare, but I must play it again ccc. Wish me no bad luck this time hehe
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I dont play SSS but I know how you feel, I am in a 20-22 BI downswing in BSS. I was extremely over rolled, so I have now moved up a limit and I'm beating NL25. When I try to play NL10 again the donkeys are drawing out on me all the time. I'm sticking to NL25 where you can actually put people on a hand range. I was very close to quiting, and still might.

Hope the luck changes. GL

Stiev
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      I'm thinking of not going all in with AK, AQ,AJ according to stack : raise size preflop. Well maybe AK, but most of the time, if my raise get's a raise behind, opps are holding pocket pairs, which ownz my Ax :tongue: What do you think? I rather go all in with AA -TT with 4:1 - 2.5 :1 ratio (at least I have something) than with AQ. Am I wrong?

Edit : Downswing still happening, even on nl10. I've just lost with my TT vs A6s all in preflop (he got A and 6 on the flop lol), and with my KK vs QQ (he hit a straight doh) so I decided to stop for today. I've come to a conclusion that I just don't want to play at nl 10 anymore (well at least sss not). Imo it's just not worth it (and I'm playing 8-9 tables). I'll see how I'll do on nl25 next month, I hope to get somewhere, or at least lose it all. Thanks for support guys, good luck !
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      hahaha I dunno what I should do. Couple of days ago I got about 110 $ rakeback, so I had like 150 bucks on FTP. Enough to try nl25 SSS again. And today, I lost about 45 bucks again. I'm starting to think SSS doesn't work, or FTP just doesn't like me :D . And it's kinda strange too, because conditions on nl25 are perfect for playing SSS. Very few shortstackers (not like nl10), and a lot of loose players.

This is my all in luck for today (played about 1500 hands today)

and Allin with winnings (how come the red line is below zero on this one and above in previous graph??)

and graph analysis for today

It kinda says I had bad luck right? Okay, the situation was really funny, my AK loosing couple of times to JT, QJ, and of course vs. pocket pairs (doh). KK and AA cracked (doh).All this was all in preflop ! So no faul postplay from my side! :tongue: Again ran my KK vs AA (and I fucking knew that Villan had AA aaargh. I raise, and he miniraises me. I push, and ofcourse he shows rockets :) .

Ok considering this today was really a downswing, but then I questioned myself. I'm playing for kinda 3-4 months now, and no results. Good thing I have rakeback, otherwise I would've gone busto a couple of times.

But, last 2 months I've been rereading articles, posting hands, watching videos and everything, but still no results. So here is my graph from 1. of may until today. I only made it from may, because let's say that I started playing more serious (strictly sss and everything) in the end of April.

So the graph kinda shows I has no postlop skillz :D That is somehow true, but I'm playing according to SSS only. No l33t moves from me ! if I raise, I make a contibet (this month I've been cbeting half of the pot (heard it's better for microlimits ->last month i've bet 3/4, or pushed all in if i had less than 1,5 stack left.), ofcourse villans reraise almost my every cbet, so most of the time when i hit nothing i must fold doh.

Also what does this mean

I mean playing SSS means only playing the strongest hands, so how come the red line is below positive?? I think I don't have to post a picture of my PT stats (as you already see it in the first post -> it says my VPIP is below 10 % and AF is kinda cool also)

So what's my next option.. I kinda like grinding 6-10 tables, SSS, but my moral is getting beat, as I had no success for 2 months of serious play :rolleyes: I guess I should start playing real poker, (I kinda had enough of preflop all in coinflips with AK), but I need 200$ of bankrol to play BSS on nl10..

Of course I will step down to nl10 again, but with SSS i'm breakeven at most..I hope I stay breakeven this month..And my only real option is rakeback next month, so I can start BSS. It's really a shame, as if SSS worked out for me, rakeback would be just a bonus, as I would really boost my bankroll with sss. I like the whole SSS concept thou. You can play aaalot of tables, so it's nonstop action :D Shame it doesn't work (for me). Well, I know this is probably TLDR material, I just needed to update my Downswing (bad play) blog haha.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      My first post here :)

But I've read up on this topic and a few others and this is the first one I've felt competent enough to confidently respond to. I've been playing poker for over a year and a half now. Started as a tourney player, earned some $$$ and went on to cash games (all together studied through some 5 books). I felt exactly the same way u do, even if I never played SSS. I had my monster upswings and monster downswings and all I started to think about was the current hand, missing the big picture. I became complacent, started to disregard proper play and lo and behold i was down almost my enitre roll (which was at close to 5k$ at one point).

In my career I've played close to 600k hands. I've cashed out quite a bit of my winings as well. I guess with poker things start to change when u start to change the little things. Sure u have ur ups and downs but u should disregard those. It's hard, specially when u get beat with good hands so many times in a row but it all comes back. The only thing that matters is consistancy of proper poker play, making as few mistakes as possible and try not to get emotionally involved. Skill goes out the window as soon as emotions kick in. And that's what I'm trying to learn by playing true SSS on Titan Poker through PS :)

I hope I didn't go too off topic. I wanted to share what I've experienced. We are all bad beat sometimes, but in the long run with proper play we are all winners. Don't lose sight of the big picture and think farther then just a few K hands :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hi Matkov,

Your downswing is something typical for SSS. The strategy is pretty swingy, but don't blame variance for everything.
      Its very important to have a critical approach to your game. No matter how well you perform, you can do better. And there is always a space to improve for Nl 10 player. Just reevaluate your approach.
      If you were posting 5 hands per week - post 15. Review all articles and videos. Make sure you know them by heart.
      Increase number of tables, by working on your multitabling skills. Organize your sessions, try to squeeze more hands out of it. Get yourself a set of goals, eventually

Variance is a big part of poker, but thats something you can't control. So the best way to do, is to focus on things that you can affect and improve, like the ones i listed above.

As a good example, I want to show you our member's blog.
      Drach`s trial blog
      check the first post, with the graphs
      he is playing on ftp as well
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      I also tried to implement some Sklansky - Chubokov blind stealing.. I'm wondering, is it worth doing SC thing on nl10 ? probably not right?

Btw, thanks for replying so fast guys :)