UTG: $7.21
      UTG+1: $1.73
      UTG+2: $3.45
      MP: $5.44
      MP+1: $5.05
      CO: $2.43 15/6/2 (56)

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, CO calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) 2:club: 9:club: 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.34, CO calls $0.34

Turn: ($1.13, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

River: ($1.93, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.21, CO calls $0.99 and is all-in

Hero shows K:spade: A:heart: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 45%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      CO shows 9:diamond: 9:spade: (Three of a Kind, Nines) (Pre 55%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      CO wins $4.71
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

Either 2nd barrel yourself on the turn or just Check/Fold it.

Do you think you are ahead vs his whole range preflop which limps? By which I mean do you think you can Bet for value? If rather not then just Check/Fold the flop cause I would assume that we don't have much fold equity there.

Best Regards.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Do you think you are ahead vs his whole range preflop which limps? By which I mean do you think you can Bet for value?
      Thanks a lot veriz :f_love:

Well, I didn't know where I was really. I thought my K was good. On turn he floats, what he could be doing anyway (I don't know him). When he bets turn here, there are some hands like TJc+, KJc+, AJc (could he have called flop bet with AJ+?). Also I don't know how he plays fds, because he might have Axc+.

Now, after knowing what he had: if he is open/limping 99 on CO, I have not the faintest idea of what his range is! Is he thinking 99 is strong enough and setting a trap, or is he a super nit who things 99 is never good enough to raise preflop, even in that position? :f_confused:

Anyway: I digress. Back to the point: If I see a random player at 5NL limping on CO and calling a raise from the SB, I have trouble taking things seriously :f_eek:

- Is this a leak? (I see though, that in this case I didn't play consistently, as I always second barrel here when I think that)

- Do you see any hints here that give you an idea on his range? (just by his preflop actions + vpip/pfr) How should I assign ranges here?

(Sorry question so long and winded)

Thanks a lot
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Fishy opponents are limping all kind of PPs, doubt that it's a trap.

Yep, rather 2nd barrel cause with CBetting the flop & Check/Calling like that you wont ever play the hand profitable enough and never will be able to Call on blank river which you most likely would have folded.

We can't really set up a correct range here cause, could be everything, you will never know with what they limp unless see their hands. Could be too wide to put a correct range, that's why I would also prefer 2nd barreling over Check/Calling -> if we Check there then it's a Check/Fold from we understand that even Check/Folding the flop is better then cause just CB once wont work out while the guy could even float with Ax hands or even worse.