[Video] Hyper Turbo 6max Pokerstars

• Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      Hey,

I just made a video today. I played 4 tables 6max Hyper Turbo SnG's on Pokerstars as u can read in the topic :P . I'm not a native speaker so my english isn't that great, but I think u will understand what I was going to say, at least most of the time :P . I wish any of you who are somehow interested in these type of SnG's might take a look at it. Would be really nice to get some feedback from the community, as this probably helps me to improve my game which im looking for :) . So I really appreciate any kind of feedback regarding my video! Thx :)

In case the qualitiy is not good enough, I could reupload it in 1080 HD. Though I think 720 is fine as 1080 takes ages to upload :P .
  • 26 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Thanks very much for uploading this video, I'm very interested to see how it is received by the community. Hopefully it can be the first of many videos.

Thanks again
      Patrick
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      +1 , decent vid.
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      Hey,

thank you guys. Though not really any comments so far :D . I guess people aren't really used to the Hyper Turbo's. I think it's more special compared to like for example 9max Turbo SnG's. So I have no idea if I should make another video, since feedback isn't really that what I was looking for so far :( . I made 2 german videos before, but feedback wasn't that great as well :P . Guess not many of the pokerstrategy community are playing these SnG's. Pretty unfortunate imo. Though I will probably make another video next week. Just to see if I'm still happy about my game. Will let you know if there are any people who might be interested.

Best regards
    • qMantas
      qMantas
      Bronze
      I watched it and I like it :) I'm not HT 6 max player but video is decent keep crushing games man.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      i think you will get more feedback if you would post your ROI and sample size. on hypers.

a alot of people play hypers and if you have a good sample size they would be more inclined to watch.
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      Ok, so here is my overall graph for the $3.50 Hypers so far.

It's 4% EV ROI while mostly 6-tabling. I started playing Hypers 8 days ago, so not much time to build a decent sample size, but I'm working on it :) . My plan is to play at least 2k games of the $3.50's, just to get the right feeling for them. Maybe even 3k. I'm working a lot with the SnG Wizard to improve my game. Though it's sometimes hard, because Wizard's ranges are somehow tight considering it's actually Hyper Turbo's.

So I'm pretty new to the Hypers, but I got a lot of SnG experience. It's just about readjusting ranges in my opinion. Though I have no idea how long that takes :P .
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      Is good if you have experience in sng but hypers have bigger variance.you need a bigger sample for them.anyway the graph looks good so far(you are a bit unlucky).

icm is the most important here.sng wiz is best here
    • yankee92
      yankee92
      Bronze
      Hey I recently got in to Hyper 6max on ps myself. Really liked the video, I felt like I approved most of the lines you took and I really liked the way you spoke your mind on each play, even if I might have played certain spots differently I liked the reasoning behind your each move. I'd def like to see more videos from you and really get something going here in the forums with the Hypers. Keep it up!
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      I don't really play hyper turbos beside rarely as fillers when ending session.

But some comments anyway:

1st hand bottom left: You are definitely losing value by shoving 25bb versus SB limp. Normal raise would be much better.

2:15 top left: Shove with J9o will be good always whatever he is going to call with.

4:30 bottom left: 63s is ok shove hand versus almost anyone. Not like mandatory shove by any means.

7:20 bottom right: Very clear shove. Any A is good enough this shallow with antes in play. Suited A is like nuts for me. This is also spot to make bit of -EV shove to maintain fold equity.

7:30 top right: minraising AA is fine as long as you have more fishy players behind. For someone decent this would seem very trappy, if he has seen you shoving as default.

8:00 top left: K9o would be nice hand to iso shove. CO is very wide with his half bb and you have also only 4bb. Even if blinds are calling very wide it will show profit and if they fold you will make small profit even if CO wins.

10:00 top left: Over 20bb shove with TT. Losing value. Yep you will end up sometimes in nasty spots postflop, but still often you are in position and by raising you give space for those resteal shoves you are happily calling.

17:20 top right: Obviously villain raise size is plain bad with shallow stacks HU, but raise-folding KQo would be big big mistake by him.

20:50 top left: Nice 3bet shove :)

20:50 bottom right: Well played. With check-call you likely won't induce much more bluffs from him. With this shallow stacks it doesn't really matter much. I think he is calling with hands like QQ or JJ if he cbets that board with these stacks. Also he is unknown. He can have some hands like KJ, KT even if he min3bet preflop. Problem with check-call is that you likely then plan to check turn and then villain just got to see turn and river "free". Not good scenario this shallow.

21:40 top left: Clear shove with T9o 11bb deep. It's unexploitable.

22:40 bottom right: Shoving over 20bb with AKs from button. Losing value once again.

23:30 top left: 98o would nice hand to shove even with bit over 10bb.

25:30 bottom left: Raise-call with AJo.

28:15 top right: Yep you are pot committed. In these spots there is alternative line to shove with weak hands. That is to limp (obviously call if he raise) and shove any flop. That might create bit more fold equity.

34:00 bottom right: Raise for value in flop. They will call with many worse hands.

35:30 top left: Versus decent thinking player it would usually be fold in river as it is for value most of time. Versus unknown or most players in these limits and game type bluff catching is totally fine.

37:30 top left: Bet turn. You have already once took that line and folded versus his raise. There is also obvious reasons for value and protection.

39:20 top left: KTo is nuts! ;)
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      @ yankee92,

thank you very much :) . I will definately be going for a 2nd video by the end of the week. I'm too busy at the moment, so this has to wait for a few more days.

Originally posted by ghaleon
      I don't really play hyper turbos beside rarely as fillers when ending session.

But some comments anyway:

1st hand bottom left: You are definitely losing value by shoving 25bb versus SB limp. Normal raise would be much better.

2:15 top left: Shove with J9o will be good always whatever he is going to call with.

Agreed.

4:30 bottom left: 63s is ok shove hand versus almost anyone. Not like mandatory shove by any means.

Agreed, though I like to be more on the tight side early on. At least as long as I have no pressure collecting chips. :P

7:20 bottom right: Very clear shove. Any A is good enough this shallow with antes in play. Suited A is like nuts for me. This is also spot to make bit of -EV shove to maintain fold equity.

Yes, seemed a little too tight with that kind of hand.

7:30 top right: minraising AA is fine as long as you have more fishy players behind. For someone decent this would seem very trappy, if he has seen you shoving as default.

Yes, like I mentioned. There were 2 fish at the table so I thought I get most value of them by minraising preflop. With like 3 regulars I would have shoved obviously, because a shove 4-handed from UTG just looks so weak. :D

8:00 top left: K9o would be nice hand to iso shove. CO is very wide with his half bb and you have also only 4bb. Even if blinds are calling very wide it will show profit and if they fold you will make small profit even if CO wins.

Totally agreed.

10:00 top left: Over 20bb shove with TT. Losing value. Yep you will end up sometimes in nasty spots postflop, but still often you are in position and by raising you give space for those resteal shoves you are happily calling.

I think at these stakes shoving TT is max EV. Your point is definately correct, but my shove is just adapting to the limits. On 15's or 30's there would be a lot of value in openraising to give other players the opportunity to resteal. But here I see people calling so much crap preflop, even if I shove. They almost call every ace and every pocket pair. But if I just raise not everyone resteals all in. Most of the time they just call preflop and TT doesn't flop too well. So I maximise value by shoving preflop. This play is based on my experience on that limit so far.

17:20 top right: Obviously villain raise size is plain bad with shallow stacks HU, but raise-folding KQo would be big big mistake by him.

Yes, I probably should have said "I don't like his play" and not "call" :P .

20:50 top left: Nice 3bet shove :)

20:50 bottom right: Well played. With check-call you likely won't induce much more bluffs from him. With this shallow stacks it doesn't really matter much. I think he is calling with hands like QQ or JJ if he cbets that board with these stacks. Also he is unknown. He can have some hands like KJ, KT even if he min3bet preflop. Problem with check-call is that you likely then plan to check turn and then villain just got to see turn and river "free". Not good scenario this shallow.

21:40 top left: Clear shove with T9o 11bb deep. It's unexploitable.

Yep, that was bad. Even limp/stab seems to be a good option here in my opinion.

22:40 bottom right: Shoving over 20bb with AKs from button. Losing value once again.

23:30 top left: 98o would nice hand to shove even with bit over 10bb.

VS fish who's able to call hands like J9, T9 etc I think limp/stab would be fine. Or at least minraise.

25:30 bottom left: Raise-call with AJo.

Villain had played 50/0 after 7 hands, so he is probably a station. If these players start to get aggressive on any street I see this as a warning sign. Though it's still BTN VS BB and ranges are obviously way looser than usual. I think folding is still fine. Shoving first in might be an option preflop anyway.

28:15 top right: Yep you are pot committed. In these spots there is alternative line to shove with weak hands. That is to limp (obviously call if he raise) and shove any flop. That might create bit more fold equity.

Yes, probably a good thing.

34:00 bottom right: Raise for value in flop. They will call with many worse hands.

35:30 top left: Versus decent thinking player it would usually be fold in river as it is for value most of time. Versus unknown or most players in these limits and game type bluff catching is totally fine.

37:30 top left: Bet turn. You have already once took that line and folded versus his raise. There is also obvious reasons for value and protection.

39:20 top left: KTo is nuts! ;)
      Thank you for your time and feedback. Really helped me a lot. =)
    • sorcier1111
      sorcier1111
      Bronze
      i began 6 max hyper turbo 2 days ago at the 1.5$
      I will seeyour video tomorow and make some comments :)
      Plz add me : skype : EDITED BY KURRKABIN ( i can't send you a pm ^^)
      Good luck !
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, sorcier1111!

Due to site security reasons, we don't allow posting personal info such as skype acc etc in public forums. You can always add the OP as a friend and chat via community tool.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers!
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      hey buddy enjoyed the video, ill sent yu a FR in the community tool, maybe have a chat on skype, im not gunna going into any detail now as one thing i got from the video in general ghaleon picked up most of the spots but yu give your opposites why to much credit for hands post flop, for example of this is KQ hand at 20:50, you played it right but when you said you yu didnt like the shove because hes only calling AK and KK+, hes NEVER folding a K there, plus he d probably still call QQ,JJ flush draws if hes bad, maybe middle pair, so well played you definately cant call a 3 bet with KQ and fold top pair here

one spot i did wanted to get 42:45, I would c/r that flop 100% to a min bet, and then give up if he calls or raises
    • hopeletron
      hopeletron
      Bronze
      hey guys,

I just started these tourney aswell...like yesterday...but I love em...so there is definitly some serious compulsive behaviour ready to let loose here...:D

liked the video very much...

I am playing on stars...not linked to PS unfortunatly...but I will be gladly following this blog..

grtz
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

sorry for the delay. My computer crushed ~2 weeks ago + I wasn't really motivated to do anything to be honest. I'm going to play today and I will post my 2nd video by the end of the week. I started a blog today, you can follow it if you're interested.

From robusto to busto! [6max Hyper Turbo's]

@ Castle93 and sorcier1111, added both of you today.
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      Here's my second video. I'm not happy about it to be honest, but especially if I don't like it I want to share it with you. Maybe some of cou can help me out with some feedback :) . Will be appreciated.

• Graceseven
      Graceseven
      Basic
      i started a couple of weeks with playing super turbos 1.50 at stars.
      I am still wondering how many buyins we should have playing them. i am checking google and everytime I get the answer that 150-200 is the safe path caused by huge variance. Any suggestions here?!
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      me no expert to say such thing but wandering around in poker forums I can estimate that 150BI is pretty right BRM for hypers.

swings at hypers can be harsh.

There are a lot of hyper players in PS.com blogs, so you can check the blogs here and see yourself.

maybe for 1.5$ 100BI is fine, though you can probably take AGGRO shots at 3.5$ if you feel you're crushing and set yourself BI limit to go down in case something goes wrong ( very likely in hypers ^_^ )
    • Graceseven
      Graceseven
      Basic
      I am going to specialize myself in super turbo's Why? More volume and more money when you play them well. It does not matter people responding to your or not, what matters is that you keep going with your dreams! If you are good in something you have hardly friends just people kissing your but. So the better you get the more idiots around! LOL I wil study your video and keep them coming! Goodluck!

Graceseven