Cash game practice for SNG's

• petersveter
      petersveter
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I want to get a bit more confident with post flop play and statistis so I thougt that getting some basics from cash game would be fine. Would you recomend me to study BSS or Mid stack strategy?
  • 2 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi again, petersveter. : )

Be careful of how you use this cash game knowledge as reduced eff. stack sizes(in SnG) determine and also limits our postflop lines. Mid stack strategy is much similar to SnGs as your initial BI should be always around 40 BIs or so. I agree postflop of most SnG players is not at a decent level. Especially at FR SnGs. I will much rather just post hands, watch videos, review some hands in the NL cash evaluation forums. Learn BSS if you want to improve your postflop in general, I don't know how much you will be able to apply this to SnGs though. It's just that FR SnGs are more of preflop/late stage game rather than postflop game.

Cheers!
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      Originally posted by petersveter
      Hey guys,

I want to get a bit more confident with post flop play and statistis so I thougt that getting some basics from cash game would be fine. Would you recomend me to study BSS or Mid stack strategy?
      I was thinking about doing the same actually. I normally study with a friend of mine once a week, but I'm planning to dedicate one session per month exclusively to cash. I think I'll be playing with a big stack.