Grinding 4 Survival (SNG/MTT)

• ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Grinding 4 Survival
      ...a SNG and MTT blog

About the blog :s_cool:
      So I have decided to create my first serious blog here on PS that I will put some work and effort to. I will do updates to the blog atleast three times a week but most likely even more often :) I hope you guys will help me with the feedback that will be needed for me to achieve the dream job that im going to give a shot right now. The blog is created mainly for that reason, to help me improve my play.

About me :s_o:
      My name is Oscar, 19 years old sexy computer lovah from Sweden. My biggest interests since I was very little have been computers and computer games like many other kids. I did play WoW for like 3 years streight, mostly pvp (arena 2600 rating hihi... yeah I had Onyxia mount :f_cool: ) anyway... I started to play poker after I quited WoW since I needed a new game to spend time on, why not spend that time on a game were you can make money instead of wasting money. So basicly all time I spended one WoW before, I did now spend on Poker instead, which was alot :tongue: .

Me and Poker :heart:
      I started to play poker like a n00b 1.5 years ago when I turned 18. I deposited 40$ on the swedish site Svenska Spel. I did't know what SNG or MTT was so I just played the first event I found, which was cash game... ;( yeah... and lost the 40$ pretty fast since cash game ain't my game, but mostly cause I was new and did't know the strategys and starting hands even. After I lost all the money there I did take a break for a while untill I found 888poker that offered 8$ without deposit so I tried it. I liked the game very mutch and I found out about the SNG's so I decided to deposit some money, so I did deposit like 25$ and got the bonus aswell. It went pretty OK but not better, so I started to read articles and watch videos to learn how to play it propper. Thats when I found PS.

After some time on 888poker with a minimum profit but atleast on the right side of the graph, I started to play some MTT. And pretty fast I had a good run in the Grand Daddy for 2.50$ buy in and made third place, that was the first time I ever even got that close the a final table so I was really happy and made 214$ win. That boosted my BR with like... ALOT so I quited the 1.20$ tables and skipped the 2.90$ and went for the 5.50$, and it went good. My BR got bigger and bigger and I later on cashed some more MTT's, even got a 1st place in The Grand Daddy for 415$ win. :f_love:

Soooo uhm...
      I will play mostly on 888poker but also on PP and PS from time to time. I play 9 handed SNG's with some MTT's when I feel like it. I have never used any real software, only self developed stuff, but I bought HEM2 two days ago since I really gonna try to see if I will be able to make some decent money with it. I will play on the 8.80$ tables and higher, but since the trafic is low pretty often I will also add some 5.50$ tables. :rolleyes:
      Unfortunately ain't my 888poker account tracked to PS ;( So I might play some on PP to get the status up and view greater videos, but we will see.

Update 28/07/2012
      Im moving a part of my roll to Pokerstars to try to make it at the higher stakes/nice VIP system.

:heart: Achievements :heart:

Close future achievements

[ ] :spade: Read Jonathan Little's book, Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker: v. 2

[CHECK ] :spade: Read Daniel Negreanu's book, Hold'Em Wisdom For All Players

[CHECK ] :spade: Increase the BR to 1000$

[CHECK] :spade: Reach Silver status on 888poker.

[ ] :spade: Reach Gold status on Pokerstars.

[CHECK ] :spade: Be able to make 1000$ a month.

[CHECK ] :spade: Buy a third screen 27 inches.

In a determinated future achievements

[ ] :spade: Make a total profit of 5000$.

[ ] :spade: Be able to make a living out of poker.

[ ] :spade: Buy a Ford Mustang GT V8 ofc.

[ ] :spade: Own a mini bar.

[ ] :spade: Reach Platinum status on Pokerstars.

[ ] :spade: Reach Supernova status on Pokerstars.

[ ] :spade: Reach Supernova Elite status on Pokerstars.

[ ] :spade: Buy the Tag Heuer watch at Pokerstars VIP system.

[ ] :spade: Buy the Porsche at Pokerstars VIP system.

An pic on my winings between March and May 2012. Where I only played two tables at the time.

Bankroll start: 600$

My road to success starts now....
  • 93 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to blogging mate!

Love the structured approach to the game and the dedication.

So, at 19, are you studying anything, uni or stuff? Where in Sweden are you from?

Isn't winning an MTT just the most wonderful feeling in the world? :D

MTTs on 888 are super soft and really nice, PartyPoker is also quite soft and with reasonable fieldsizes I'd say. When it comes to PokerStars, the entire game changes though. Fields become huge, and the endurance test of MTTs grows vastly as does the ability of others.

Looking forward to reading your progress as it happens!

Regards,
      Richard
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Hello Oscar :)

Your blog start is really familiar to mine :s_cool:

Great start, good luck man.

Best regards, TIlt
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Oscar!

Welcome to the blogging section!

I've watched some MTT's on 888 and it looks really beatable! I'm a cash game player but the more I read about MTT's the more I want to play them!

I've played some MTT's but they are sooo stressy for me tbh :f_biggrin: When the blinds are coming for me I get nervous!

I really like your long term goals btw! :s_cool:

Good luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Welcome to blogging mate!

Love the structured approach to the game and the dedication.

So, at 19, are you studying anything, uni or stuff? Where in Sweden are you from?

Isn't winning an MTT just the most wonderful feeling in the world? :D

MTTs on 888 are super soft and really nice, PartyPoker is also quite soft and with reasonable fieldsizes I'd say. When it comes to PokerStars, the entire game changes though. Fields become huge, and the endurance test of MTTs grows vastly as does the ability of others.

Looking forward to reading your progress as it happens!

Regards,
      Richard
      Hi! I from region Småland, not that far from Växjö :) And yes I am now geting my exam for technical education and are planning to move along to a three year course of Media (Web design and movie editing stuff) at the university.

And YES! Seriously winning a MTT is better then sex... I mean damn it's really the best :rolleyes: . It don't happen that often to me since I haven't really studied that mutch but I gonna try improve there aswell! it's really fun. :]

Originally posted by Tiltmeifucan
      Hello Oscar :)

Your blog start is really familiar to mine :s_cool:

Great start, good luck man.

Best regards, TIlt
      Checked it out, look pretty the same =D I will follow your road to the big money aswell ;)

Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey Oscar!

Welcome to the blogging section!

I've watched some MTT's on 888 and it looks really beatable! I'm a cash game player but the more I read about MTT's the more I want to play them!

I've played some MTT's but they are sooo stressy for me tbh :f_biggrin: When the blinds are coming for me I get nervous!

I really like your long term goals btw! :s_cool:

Good luck on the tables!

RasTweet
      Haha yeah the long term goals is what keep me fighting :s_evil:

Thanks for the first comments guys, was very nice to read! Today it's time to party like a rockstar, but tomorrow I will do my first update to the blog! :P
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      First Update

First of all, I haven't played that mutch today but I made an nice profit at the 8.80's and the 5.50's. The MTT went bad and did not cash any.

Todays profit: +70$
      Total Profit: 70$
      Bankroll: 670$

and second of all :D :D :D

Victory for Sweden!

• ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Had a fine start at the day, still did't play that mutch but got the BR to 715$. Then I took a session of games at the end of the day and went down to 680$... abit frustrated about it cause it was donks that hitted river on like 3 tables that I lost. But that happends, still better to win 10$ then lose money, so right side of the line :P

Todays profit: +10$
      Total Profit: 80$
      Bankroll: 680$
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Im not playing that great right now I belive, some bad beats that affected me I suppose, but got the BR up a little and I hope to get it up mutch more tomorrow. :tongue:

Todays profit: +34$
      Total Profit: 114$
      Bankroll: 714$

:s_grin:
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      Hey Oscar!!
      Great start!! hope to read more about your Green$ updates! ;)

I'm a STT learner/student , but I would love some day to start to make volume in MTT, now it's imposible for me due to time! :f_frown:

Keep playing !!

see you at the tables! :f_cool:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I thought MTT's had bad variance, but it only goes up up up with you! :o keep winning!

RasTweet
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raiderX12
      Hey Oscar!!
      Great start!! hope to read more about your Green$ updates! ;)

I'm a STT learner/student , but I would love some day to start to make volume in MTT, now it's imposible for me due to time! :f_frown:

Keep playing !!

see you at the tables! :f_cool:
      Hopefully you will read alot of my green updates :P And yeah... the MTT's sure takes time.. but when it comes to late stage it's starting to get real fun and intense :D

Originally posted by RasTweet
      I thought MTT's had bad variance, but it only goes up up up with you! :o keep winning!

RasTweet
      It's not often that I make it to the FT, but since I only play the buyins within 1-4$ it's not that mutch and you can cash BIG :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But tbh I need to get abit better in MTT's, have to study it alot more... but it feels like the most of the times when I lose is on a flip that I often are favored in so I guess thats good, not that big of a problem since I can't change that :tongue:

Thanks for the posts and feedback! :s_love:
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Well, when it comes to MTTs, you have to win some flips.

The thing to focus on is to keep getting it in good, as long as you're ahead of your opponents range when you get it in, there's nothing you can do.

Another important thing is to make sure you keep playing well even if you lose a big chunk of your stack and don't spew the remainder off, that's always a risky part that many people have trouble with. (General advice, not specifically targeted at you, as you haven't mentioned having this issue.)

Looking forward to more updates on the amazing progress as you climb through the ranks though!

Regards,
      Richard
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      I had a great day today!

I played some SNG sessions for maybe 3-4h today and made a decent profit :) And I did got my total profit since my poker career started over 1400$ now! Even tho I had some bad beats I did good profit. Also I belive that I was close to cash in the Grand Daddy tournament earlier, we were down to 70 players when I got it all in with my AK preflop for 14BB (aggresiv player shoved UTG with 20bb) So I called it. He had 55 and flop goes A5K...shit...shit... to bad, would have gotten a a great stack and been top 20 or greater. Anyway just ul I belive there. Anyway here comes the results :f_biggrin:

Todays profit: +71$
      Total Profit: 185$
      Bankroll: 785$

:s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool:

And here is the weakly report :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Great start for the first week, let's keep that angle going on the giraffe as it progresses!

I'm pretty sure that's a place you almost have to call... how were the payout structure in that MTT?
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Great start for the first week, let's keep that angle going on the giraffe as it progresses!

I'm pretty sure that's a place you almost have to call... how were the payout structure in that MTT?
      135 got paid, so I got my buy in back and a bit more. I think we were like 900 players from start. :)
    • aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      hey oscar! this poker888 issue with kind of soft field as it seems,looks really promising also for other players that had never played to less famous sites..maybe i ll try this out too :D

thanx for the updates and best of luck to your play dude! i will be following..
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aokara09
      hey oscar! this poker888 issue with kind of soft field as it seems,looks really promising also for other players that had never played to less famous sites..maybe i ll try this out too :D

thanx for the updates and best of luck to your play dude! i will be following..
      Best of luck for you aswell ;)
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Played a few SNG's today, went OK but lost some unlucky flips. Anyway I played the 1500$ GTD for 1.50+15$ MTT and went to the final table. I played pretty good all the way I belive, never had a pocketpair over JJ in the whole run, had JJ five times tho.. Lost with it twice.. Anyway some player that always raised me when I was on BB and I got a bit intense and shoved his raise with 85os... pretty bad and he called with QQ this time... he hit three of a kind and I hit two pair, just bad play I suppose. Made 6th and got 65$ for that.

Atleast I made the finaltable so Im happy about that, was some time since that happend last =)

Total Profit: 224$
      Bankroll: 824$
    • aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ozziwar
      Anyway some player that always raised me when I was on BB and I got a bit intense and shoved his raise with 85os... pretty bad and he called with QQ this time... he hit three of a kind and I hit two pair, just bad play I suppose.
      bad spot there dude.i don't think there is any reason pushing things around with such a mediocre hand.final tables provide you the best paydays so you should grab those chances,just a friendly advice :)

gg anyway and nice run on your sngs also keep up the good work!
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aokara09
      Originally posted by ozziwar
      Anyway some player that always raised me when I was on BB and I got a bit intense and shoved his raise with 85os... pretty bad and he called with QQ this time... he hit three of a kind and I hit two pair, just bad play I suppose.
      bad spot there dude.i don't think there is any reason pushing things around with such a mediocre hand.final tables provide you the best paydays so you should grab those chances,just a friendly advice :)

gg anyway and nice run on your sngs also keep up the good work!
      I couldn't agree with you more :rolleyes: It's like I wasn't present at the time when I pressed All in, it was my dark side :f_eek: but I know that it was so wrong lol. But it's not that often that im at the final table but every time I learn alot so it will be easier and easier to get there after every final table reached :s_biggrin: But thanks for the response, I think it helps alot to read it from other players to :heart:

Thanks