This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10, KTs

• Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Known players:
      UTG:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $1.90
      MP1:
      $1.90
      BB:
      $10.04
      SB:
      $1.32
      MP3:
      $9.45
      UTG+1:
      $3.08
      Hero:
      $2.46
      BU:
      $3.81
      CO:
      $2.60

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.49 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T:spade: , K:spade:
      UTG+1 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.55) 5:spade: , Q:spade: , 9:spade: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.30, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.60, UTG+1 folds, Hero ???

Comment: Know I shouldn't have called preflop (according to strategy), but table was very loose-passive, so I decided to give it a shot.

On flop I hit 2nd-flush, so I only bet 1/2 pot (I want to get callers, hopefully some Qxo :D ) , but instead I get a minraise, push or fold?
  • 6 replies
    • CyaET
      CyaET
      Bronze
      NEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEEER fold in this spot , maybe a slowplay but that's it :D

it depends on the opponent , you can slowplay it but for sure you'll invest all your money in . the push is correct but you can also call and push turn
    • alexkz
      alexkz
      Bronze
      lol, are you really in doubt about push or fold 2-nut flush???

Push of course!
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Just a bit scared against check/raise from tight player. :D

Of course, I pushed, as only card that hurts me is A:spade: .
    • alexkz
      alexkz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Amirapuato
      Just a bit scared against check/raise from tight player. :D

Of course, I pushed, as only card that hurts me is A:spade: .
      probably he got set, but we are still ahead against this hand, so you are pushing here for value;)
      Bronze
      Woah, I'm wondering if any bigstack would've folded in such a spot. Probably they would still go broke with like 200bb stack ;)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      fold pre-flop no matter how loose is the table
      you could maybe limp it from CO-BU, if there were enough limpers before you, not from UTG

as played, folding is not in the list of options)
      I wouldn't slowplay it (especially, after 2 players have checked), because in 5way As should be obviously considered
      + another spade will likely kill the action, so building a pot is also consideration
      therefore, i would bet .35-.45