This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH-NL10] AQs

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      Hero ($19.23)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($2.09)
      BTN ($7.68) - VPIP: 26, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 2.2, Hands: 1320 70% cbetF 50%cbetT stealbtn 35%

UTG posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

UTG checks, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.40, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($0.95) 7:spade: 8:diamond: T:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

TURN ($1.95) 7:spade: 8:diamond: T:club: K:diamond:

Hero bets $1.20, BTN raises to $3, Hero calls $1.80

RIVER ($7.95) 7:spade: 8:diamond: T:club: K:diamond: A:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3.78 (AI), Hero calls $3.78

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 75%, Flop 72.6%, Turn 86.4%)

BTN shows J:diamond: A:heart:
      (Pre 25%, Flop 27.4%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero wins $14.74

villain has highish cbet so decided to float and lead the turn on any card.

K gives us NFD and NGS,

with his min raise, we get like 3.5:1 odds. can we say we have enough implied odds since he is pretty much commited?

Or should i have just folded to his minraise?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gxtwo,

Flop: I'd rather Check/raise it right here rather than Call cause there ain't going to be many donk cards which are going to be very good.

As played
      Turn: Well, what are you trying to represent? Would even any strong hand donk here? Would you donk with Kx? But for the given odds I wouldn't fold it either. Not that I am saying that donking is totally off here but want to get your thoughts on that.

As played
      River: Do you think he is capable of bluffing? Cause you just beat bluff here, even Ax is turned into bluff.

Best Regards.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Usually I just take the line, call flop lead turn. Against high steal and high cbet.

Guess I can't really rep much after we just call the flop, where as if we x/r flop we can rep straights and sets.

And if my plan is to take the pot after he cbets, I might aswell do It on the flop, rather than allow him to gain equity on the turn with a hand he would have folded to a flop raise.

With his range so wide, I would think he would fold a lot of hands to a donk with the K,

When he raises the turn I think we get good implied odds for our draws.

I don't like my river play here.... Should have just called for the draw, and left the river if I didn't hit.

I had no reads if he was capable of bluffing :(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But you would never donk with having the King. Nor I doubt that you would donk like that with sets cause you would want to protect your hand bigger, don't you? And mostly even Check/Raise the flop as I mentioned already.

Also happens the thing when you just think that you will be ahead on the river and call it down but really, what do you beat there?