Help - HM2 guide

• GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      Hey, guys.

I downloaded HM2 and I'm on the trial period.

I have absolutetly no idea of what to do with this, nor during games, nor out of the tables.

Does anyone know of a basic guide for begginers?

Cheers.
  • 6 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Please see our FAQ: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/categories/Getting+Started/
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      Appreciated, but this doesn't help me at all.

I don't have any problem installing HM2, I just don't know what to do it.

Anyone?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      We have some videos in our FAQ too: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1631/Holdem+Manager+2+TV

And you should find videos in the Pokerstrategy video section too.
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      have you got it set up to auto-import your hands as you play?
      that's the first step. without hands coming in, HM doesn't do anything.
      find "Hand Importing" on the main control ribbon, then "Auto Import Folders"
      you need to get it looking where your poker client automatically save your Hand History.

you may have to set that up in the poker client.

you will also want to go to the "HUD Options" on the main control ribbon and choose "seating preferences". Make sure you choose a preferred seat ON THE POKER CLIENT, and also indicate it on the seating preferences tab for different sized tables.

once you are auto-importing hands, the HUD should pop up while you are playing. it might take a hand or two. my HUD usually pops up while I am waiting for the BB to come around.

once you actually start seeing the HUD come up, we can work on what stats you want to see.
      you'll want to start off pretty basic, as a number of stats take quite a while to converge.
      Player Name - Number of Hands
      VPIP - PFR - Aggression Factor

is a good place to start.

once are getting your hands loaded, we can also talk about how you can use it to analyze sessions.

a bit of info - currently HM2 does not include final potsize as a column in the hand view section. this makes it difficult/impossible to find the "big hands" that you did not participate in.
      so - while you are playing, look for the "summary box"
      it should pop up and tell you VPIP and PFR for the table, average pot size & last 2 or 3 winners.
      at any time before you exit the table, you can click on the hand winners name & it will bring up the replayer.
      in the upper left corner of the replayer is a box, if you click in that box, it will mark the hand for review.
      you can also see a drop down box that will list the winner name & pot size, so you can quickly jump to the big pots & mark them.
      do that before you leave the table!

then, when you are reviewing the session, you can tell it to display only the marked hands & then review them to see how they played in the big pot.

you will also want to review your own big winning & losing hands to see what mistakes you might have made that kept you from winning more or made you lose more than you had to.

there are SO many ways to analyze your play off the tables using HM, but first you need to get some hands in there.
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      Thanks, I'll look into that.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      We also have a few Videos here for you to watch, here there are! Click me, Click me!

I'd suggest watching these two videos myself :)
      Introduction: Hold 'em Manager 2 - Part 1
      Introduction: Hold 'em Manager 2 - Part 2