[Yes...another SnG Blog]… RaiderX12…

• raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      Hello Everybody… So.. I decided to start writing about my SnG journey! :megusta: :megusta: :megusta:

Let me Introduce myself, I’m 24 years old boy from Argentina… yeah, I know that this is the English Community of PokerStrategy and my mother language is Spanish :coolface: , but I would like to Practice my English Writing skills, (so if you see any error please correct me, I’m here to learn from you too!) and also I like to meet people from all over the world… :pokerface: :pokerface:

So, let’s talk about poker :coolface: , I’ve been playing for 2 or 3 years in all kind of rooms, playing different modes, styles…etc always trying to learn the game. Now I’ve decided to start grinding SnGs for the rest of this years putting weekly and monthly goals, to motivate me to learn more and more about this.

Initial Bankroll: $100 and I’ll be playing in WPT poker :s_wink:

:f_cool: Weekly Goals (end date: Saturday, June 2, 2012)
      :spade: Play 40 SnG per day
      :diamond: Watch 1 Video of PokerStrategy per Day and try to write a recap about it.
      :club: Post 5 hands per Day
      :heart: Practice ICM with the ICM Trainer (1000hands)

:f_cool: Monthly Goals (end date: Tuesday, June 26, 2012)
      :spade: Play 1000 SnG
      :diamond: Assist to 3 Coaching seassions
      :club: try to maintain the Gold in PokerStrategy.
      :heart: Also I would try to play a couple of MTT to see where I’m standing in this poker mode:f_tongue:

ok!!! Enough of this! hope somebody read this blog hehheh… :f_zZz:

Thanks for reading this!
      Everybody Is welcome!
  • 11 replies
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Hey there looking forward to seeing your results as I'm also playing at WPT with an initial BR or 100$ :)
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      So, I played my firsts 40 10man turbo SnG… I’ve to say that this was pretty rough:f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: because I’ve a lot of crazy bad bets (I’ll show you one below this) but in the End I almost finish even :f_cool: , with a couple of bucks plus in the BR (I unlock one part of the active bonus that I have in WPT :f_cool: eheh) here I show you the stats:

Actual BR: $104,59
      :diamond: Stakes: $1,00
      :diamond: Table size: 10
      :diamond: Tables: STT
      :diamond: Game Type: HoldemNL
      :diamond: Speed: SuperTurbo
      :diamond: Tag Count: 40
      :diamond: Winnings: 39.1
      :diamond: Net Winnings: -0.9
      :diamond: $EV: 37.41
      :diamond: ROI%: - 2,3% = (-0.0225)
      :diamond: ITM%: 32,5% = (0.325)

and here is the winner hand of the session:

Party, $0.85 Buy-in (200/400 blinds) No Limit Hold’em Tournament, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: 4,580 (11.5 bb)
      CO: 1,580 (4 bb)
      Hero (BB): 1,910 (4.8 bb)
      MP3: 2,810 (7 bb)
      MP1: 930 (2.3 bb)
      MP2: 5,280 (13.2 bb)
      SB: 2,910 (7.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to 800, 2 folds, BTN calls 800, SB folds, Hero raises to 1,910 and is all-in, MP2 folds, BTN calls 1,110

Flop: (4,820) 4 A Q (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (4,820) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (4,820) K (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:4,820 pot
      Final Board: 4 A Q 3 K
      BTN showed 8 6 and won 4,820 (2,910 net)
      Hero showed A A and lost (-1,910 net)

Tomorrow I'll post some hands in the evaluation forum, I'll play another 40s, and If have time I'll try to study one video!
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r
      Hey there looking forward to seeing your results as I'm also playing at WPT with an initial BR or 100$ :)
      heyy rap1dw1n3r, re u playing SnGs??
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

Despite being from Argentina, everyone's welcome to blog here in the English Community! We're happy to have you, and we'll be jealous as crazy when you start talking about your wonderful weather while we're stuck with rain and cold :(

As you asked us to correct any mistakes, I think in the Monthly Goals section, you were meaning to say "Attend 3 coachings", rather than to assist them?

Are you only just starting at WPT Poker? Making full use of their first deposit bonus to help boost the BR early on?

How are you getting on with the first weekly goal, being halfway through almost?

Regards,
      Richard
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Welcome to our blogging section!

Despite being from Argentina, everyone's welcome to blog here in the English Community! We're happy to have you, and we'll be jealous as crazy when you start talking about your wonderful weather while we're stuck with rain and cold :(

As you asked us to correct any mistakes, I think in the Monthly Goals section, you were meaning to say "Attend 3 coachings", rather than to assist them?

Are you only just starting at WPT Poker? Making full use of their first deposit bonus to help boost the BR early on?

How are you getting on with the first weekly goal, being halfway through almost?

Regards,
      Richard
      Hey Richard, first thank you for the correction! and yes, I were meaning to say attend :f_p: instead of assist heheh

right now here in Argentina in the city where I live, the weather is kind of strange because last week and these last 2 days, we had horrible days, with rain, fog, and it was cloudy all week... :f_frown: so don't be jealous because here not every day is paradise!! :f_eek:

talking about poker, I'm just starting at WPT trying to unlock their Bonus! but I'm not trying to boost my BankRoll... I had another bankroll, I use to play Cash games trying to learn the basic of the game, but I decided to switch and start to learn STT and MTT strategy, I always play to learn so trying to be a better player every day (Rome Wasn't Built In One Day): I'm not trying to be multimillionaire, I'm just want to have fun while I'm learn! :f_cool:

for the weakly goals, I Played like 85 STT between Saturday and today, but I've to finish with the 40s of today!.
      I'll have to write yesterday recap and post the 5 daily hands, but I couldn't have time to do that, because I've a lot of work at my Daily 8 hour job :f_cry:

well, I extended too much in this post, hope the 2 or 3 readers who read this, are not fallen asleep!!
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      heyy there!...

I'm going to be fast, because I'm at the office right now :coolface:

Here I show some hands just to remember the fishy way I play right now :f_frown: (I hope to improve my game...)

PartyGaming - $0.80+$0.20|400/800 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: 6,235.00
      Hero (CO): 1,385.00
      BTN: 7,020.00
      SB: 1,515.00
      BB: 3,845.00

UTG posts ante 25.00, Hero posts ante 25.00, BTN posts ante 25.00, SB posts ante 25.00, BB posts ante 25.00, SB posts SB 400.00, BB posts BB 800.00

Pre Flop: (1325.00) Hero has J:heart: 2:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 1,360.00 and is all-in, fold, fold, BB calls 560.00

Flop: (3245.00, 2 players) 2:spade: 7:heart: 6:diamond:

Turn: (3245.00, 2 players) 7:spade:

River: (3245.00, 2 players) 4:spade:

BB shows 8:heart: 6:spade: (Two Pair, Sevens and Sixes) (Pre 43%, Flop 76%, Turn 89%)
      Hero shows J:heart: 2:heart: (Two Pair, Sevens and Twos) (Pre 57%, Flop 24%, Turn 11%)
      BB wins 3,245.00

PartyGaming - $0.80+$0.20|200/400 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: 4,590.00
      Hero (SB): 2,670.00
      BB: 4,890.00
      UTG: 3,380.00
      CO: 4,470.00

Hero posts SB 200.00, BB posts BB 400.00

Pre Flop: (600.00) Hero has 7:diamond: 6:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to 800.00, Hero raises to 2,670.00 and is all-in, fold, BTN calls 1,870.00

Flop: (5740.00, 2 players) 8:club: 6:spade: Q:heart:

Turn: (5740.00, 2 players) J:heart:

River: (5740.00, 2 players) 5:diamond:

BTN shows A:heart: 8:heart: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 61%, Flop 79%, Turn 93%)
      Hero shows 7:diamond: 6:diamond: (One Pair, Sixes) (Pre 39%, Flop 21%, Turn 7%)
      BTN wins 5,740.00

Also, I post some hands in the Evaluation Forum :f_cool: .

T9o From BB, Against Limp From SB

A3o from BTN, shortStacked with blinds of 400/800, Push or Fold?

T9s BB, 1$ Party STT

AK from CO, Against two Villians on the flop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I've only to write the recap of the day 2 and day 3.... and then start to play for the day 4.!

hope to find some time to do this! :s_cry:
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      After the mess I made :f_biggrin:
      Now I'll write about the last 2 days! (I'll divided in 2 posts)

-------------------------------------------------------------

The first day It was a pretty tough because I couldn’t focus on the first 20 SnGs, so I had to stop the session because of tilt and anger with my self, so I stopped it and I went out to run for a few miles then I came back to continue the session trying to comeback.
      I Played too passive PreFlop, not raising enough, I made a lot of Hero Callings with crap!, and then I didn’t push all in when I had to do it!

Here I show you the graph of the day:

however at the end of the session, I felt good about myself because the little “comeback" that I made in the last 10 SnG playing a solid game for the Level.

Here I show you the stats:
      :diamond: Tag Count: 43
      :diamond: Winnings: 38,25
      :diamond: Net Winnings: -4,75
      :diamond: $EV: 41,67
      :diamond: ROI%: - 11%
      :diamond: ITM%: 32,6%

I'll continue with the next day in another post!
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      This day was very hard too because of the same problems that the last one...
      I couldn’t focus at the beginning of the session, but I didn't stop I thought that I've to made another comeback but trying to fight against myself and my mind that was on tilt, fortunately I made another little comeback at the end of the session. :f_grin:

here I show you the graph of this day

and the stats:
      Here I show you the stats:
      :diamond: Tag Count: 43
      :diamond: Winnings: 38,25
      :diamond: Net Winnings: -4,75
      :diamond: $EV: 41,67
      :diamond: ROI%: - 11%
      :diamond: ITM%: 32,6%

I hope to improve this, for todays sessions!! :f_p:
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      Well, I'm glad to finish the session of the day with a little improve! :f_biggrin:

I've a couple of badbeats, and I played not too much coinflips in the PF.
      However I made a couple of mistakes in some spots that I didn't know how to move (hands to post in the forum) also now that I've some volume of hands I can recognize the regulars and the passive players!! so I'll start to study them in the deep!

Stats:

:diamond: Tag Count: 39
      :diamond: Winnings: 41,65
      :diamond: Net Winnings: 2,65
      :diamond: $EV: 40,57
      :diamond: ROI%: 6,8%
      :diamond: ITM%: 43,6%

Hope to keep improving in STT!!! :f_cool:
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raiderX12
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r
      heyy rap1dw1n3r, re u playing SnGs??
      Yeh I'm specializing in SnG's and tourneys but currently i don't play them because of lack of time due to university.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Closed at request of OP
      --VS