[NL2-NL10] Nl2 QQ vs CO

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      Opponent stats 34/2 AF:2,57 after 376 hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $2.18
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $2.05
      SB (Hero):
      $2.00
      BB:
      $2.03
      UTG2:
      $0.97
      MP1:
      $1.57

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.10, BU folds, Hero calls $0.09, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.22) A, 5, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.21, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.22.
  • 15 replies
    • janalissako
      janalissako
      Bronze
      U have to 3 bet before the flop never ever play queens slow was one of my first tipps i get from good players. if he calls he probably checks the flop to u and then u bet fold cause the hand play lot easier when u fire it urself. btw if u got a 4 bet on nl 2 i think u should never fold queens preflop if u havent over 140 big blinds :]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheWinnerTakesItAll,

Doubt that we can do much there vs 5xBB open who has 2% PFR. I'd play the same way. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • janalissako
      janalissako
      Bronze
      Sorry veriz to ask again i wont wanna annoy you,but why u think u cant 3 bet in this spot. i mean if somebody only raise 2 % of his range is maximal tt+, he may play very strong hands slow so his range would be weaker, probably his co range is looser anyways i would say aq+,99+ vs that range we have 58% vs the tt+ range we have 50% which is ok too. Why not 3 bet it and protect our queens?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by janalissako
      Sorry veriz to ask again i wont wanna annoy you,but why u think u cant 3 bet in this spot. i mean if somebody only raise 2 % of his range is maximal tt+, he may play very strong hands slow so his range would be weaker, probably his co range is looser anyways i would say aq+,99+ vs that range we have 58% vs the tt+ range we have 50% which is ok too. Why not 3 bet it and protect our queens?
      why do you assume that?

someone who plays 34/2 is never-ever positionally aware at all :f_biggrin:
      and my default would be to assume he only raises the nuts until proven otherwise
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by janalissako
      Because it doesn't mean that he also goes broke with the same range, you can't raise it for value. He only raises 2% but it's already very small part of his range, we have enough of hands on him and the range which goes broke maybe could be just KK+. I would assume that kind of guy would open just strong PPs mainly.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      So, technically, we plan to go broke postflop, if no A or K falls, right?

Or can you imagine a board, which makes you give up your QQ on the flop, Veriz?
    • TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      I wouldn't go broke with QQ, if A or K falls, because he raise 2%, so he easily can have AA, KK in his range. I would rather set mine vs him, but this is just my opinion.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheWinnerTakesItAll
      I wouldn't go broke with QQ, if A or K falls, because he raise 2%, so he easily can have AA, KK in his range. I would rather set mine vs him, but this is just my opinion.
      Correct.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      What if an A and Q dropped on the flop :f_biggrin: ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      What if an A and Q dropped on the flop :f_biggrin: ?
      Well, then I would act accordingly his sizes. From CO I would assume he might still even raise AK as well but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Don't you mean: you wont go broke with QQ even if A or K does NOT fall?
      for example, T, 3, 2, comes, and you are going to check/fold?
    • TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      No, I'm going to check/call flop like T32 every time, but if on the turn comes card that doesn't change anything and my opponent is betting big I would fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Don't you mean: you wont go broke with QQ even if A or K does NOT fall?
      for example, T, 3, 2, comes, and you are going to check/fold?
      I still would most likely end up going broke but the main plan would be to keep his range also wide. And vs his range we can still Check/Call once on very dry board and reevaluate further actions.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      OK, so ALL IN ALL:
      We are set mining against his guy.

If an overcard falls on the flop, we FOLD.
      If not, we call once, and if he continues aggression, we fold.

correct?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      OK, so ALL IN ALL:
      We are set mining against his guy.

If an overcard falls on the flop, we FOLD.
      If not, we call once, and if he continues aggression, we fold.

correct?
      Correct.