Hello,

My name is Daniel Kardefelt Winther, I am a PhD student at the Department of Media and Communications, London School of Economics.

In most internet-related research today, "internet use" is treated as a one-dimensional activity, while most of us who use the internet knows that this is not the case. Internet mediates many different activities and users interact with different platforms in different ways, for different purposes, reaching different outcomes (both positive and negative). This survey is the main data collection for my PhD. It asks questions about your online poker playing, your thoughts and feelings about playing and not playing, some questions about possible outcomes of your playing and also some questions about you. For those of you who are Facebook users or World of Warcraft players, there will be an opportunity to answer questions about these platforms as well if you wish, as these are the three platforms I am comparing. However, at this stage I am mostly interested in online poker players.

I would very much appreciate your participation in this survey, if it interests you. It takes about 10 minutes to complete.

The survey can be found here:

https://lse.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_blNenw7bhDb6Jwg

If you have any questions at all about the project or my survey, please do not hesitate to contact me:

[Edited by HollyMichelle] Email link removed for security reasons.

Best regards,

Daniel