This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH]NL10 AQo

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $11.03 (110.3 bb)
      SB: $8.73 (87.3 bb)
      BB: $35.64 (356.4 bb)
      UTG: $11.11 (111.1 bb)
      Hero (MP): $12.23 (122.3 bb)
      CO: $14.58 (145.8 bb)

Villain unknown
      I thought 3betting for value from MP was a bit thin because it looks so strong.

Do you think this is a good flop to float?
      At the time i thought i can rep a lot of turns esp if a spade hits.
      But looking back, im not sure how many 8x hands or flushes i have in my range, since calling from MP is usually going to be small/mid PP.

followed through with my plan OTT, trying to rep 8x & flushes, but now that i think of it, if i dont have many 8x/flushes in my range im only really repping 66 so maybe it was a bad spot?

OTR hows my sizing? I think i should have bet ~$4.50 since not much is calling except flushes.
      When he called my turn raise i thought he must have something like KK,QQ with a spade.

Preflop: Hero is MP with A:spade: Q:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 6:spade: 8:spade: 8:club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.55) 9:spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.25, UTG calls $1.35

River: ($6.05) 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.70, UTG calls $3.70

Results: $13.45 pot ($0.61 rake)
      Final Board: 6:spade: 8:spade: 8:club: 9:spade: 3:spade:
      UTG mucked A:diamond: 8:diamond: and lost (-$6.65 net)
      Hero showed A:spade: Q:diamond: and won $12.84 ($6.19 net)
      [/hand_history][/converted_hand]
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Preflop: Rather would 3bet here than flat-call it vs UTG who we don't even know that much. We have so many opponents behind us and we don't want to play the hand OOP/multiway if people behind us decide to limp in while they get really good odds now after you also limping. AQs we could consider doing that.

As played
      Flop: I'd rather raise the flop while I smell weakness in his CB while also have working overcards/backdoor FD than float it. Of course raising is still fine but I guess we could even by raising make a AK type of hand to fold.

As played
      Turn: As you see his sizing even turned into bigger one now and I rarely doubt that you having much fold equity here with such a raise size. If you want to raise then at least do it a bit bigger ~$3 at least.

As played
      River: Not much to comment.

Best Regards.