This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Building a bankroll from nothing

• Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      After having lost my initial deposit in another site like a complete retard i decided to make a pokerstars account and try and build a bankroll from scratch! I started today and played several freerolls, placed in 3-4 of them and made a total of 2 dollars that way. I then took to the cash games and played .01/.02 games with a 80 cent buy in(not sure if this is the best way to grind) and i manged to get to about 4 dollars.

My name is Banktewn on pokerstars. Maybe some of you will catch me at one of the micro stake games ^^

Bankroll: 4.03$
      Currently playing: Freerolls and .8$ buy in cash games

All advise is useful and welcome
  • 5 replies
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      Why dont you play the .02c hyper turbo S&G? :D You have like 200 BI's for them. Or play .10c turbos? Way better chance of building than playing cash games short with 5BI. Just a thought.
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      Do you mean the MTT that rewards 10 cents to the top 50 and increases from there? Yeah i was thinking of playing them but it seems too much based on luck im not so sure if i should play those yet
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      Why dont you play the .02c hyper turbo S&G? :D You have like 200 BI's for them. Or play .10c turbos? Way better chance of building than playing cash games short with 5BI. Just a thought.
      This.
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Banktewn
      it seems too much based on luck im not so sure if i should play those yet
      Just stick to good ICM, you'll get to final table in no time ;-)
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      +1

I don't know if it's because it's the only level I can beat :f_biggrin: but when I donk away my BR Iusually play a few of these, or .25 90 man.

I end up shipping like 1/3( or atleast FT) :f_cool:

Def. a better place to start, and the $.10 360's go pretty fast.

Then I deposit and the cycle runs again!!