HM2 - What I miss the most from HM1- add your own!

• William340
      William340
      Bronze
      right now, the thing(s) I miss the most that I could do/see in HM1 that I can't do/see in HM2 is (are)

1) in the hand viewer the columns that showed the winner of the hand, winner's hole cards (if there was a showdown) and pot size.

sorting by these columns was a LOT easier than marking all the big pots for review in the replayer during a session.

you could also easily see every winning hand/pot by villain
      they used to be the default, now they are not an option. :f_frown:

bring them back, please!

is there something you used to be able to do/see that you can't do/see anymore?

please post it in this thread.
  • 6 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well not much in the way of constructive suggestions, but in HM1 I had a winrate of around 15bb/100 over 50K, which in HM2 has dropped to -0.3bb/100 over the same.
      I'd really really like my winrate put back please. :)
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      @William: we are aware of this missing columns and are looking for a solution.
      We removed them for performance reasons and because they caused problems for some users. I'm not sure how we can add them again but as i said we are looking for it.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      @William: we are aware of this missing columns and are looking for a solution.
      We removed them for performance reasons and because they caused problems for some users. I'm not sure how we can add them again but as i said we are looking for it.
      No offense (especially towards you/support team) but can I get a reason why HM2 is so shitty, it feels like I'm using an alpha version. The damn software is so damn slow with massive errors/bugs in it. Why is the development so slow!?
    • morny
      morny
      Basic
      Just an update on the winners column issue, ive asked the developers to see if introducing it will have the same issues with HM2 as with HM1.

To explain the technical details, in HM1 when you run a report on the Hero it looks up a table of values where there is 1 record for every hand played in the Hero table. There is also another table which has 1 record for every other player in the hand, so in a 9max game it would have 9x the records that the Hero table would have. So if you have 100k hero hands on a 9max table then there would be 100k records but the overall table with the villain info would have 900k records.

This is why we can run reports on Heros much quicker than non heros. Now the Hero table did not store who won the hand and what the holecards were unless it was the hero. If it wants this then it has to search the table with 9x the records, this slows down the whole report query dramatically especially on larger databases.

What we just need to define with HM2 is if this same scenario will happen, if it means drastically slowing down report speeds we might not do it because it was a real support headache with HM1 and caused a lot of problems. If we can do it without affecting performance much which is quite possible as HM2's database design is much more flexible it may require a reimport of hands but ill discuss with the developer and report back asap

Ragney, if you want to contact me on paul.morny@gmail.com with details of the issues your having i would be more than happy to work with you to resolve these asap
    • morny
      morny
      Basic
      Just an update, talked with the developer and he said it should be no problem to add this information in HM2 as the database structure is more flexible and shouldnt cause much of a performance hit, its on the feature list now but it will be after a big performance update planned in the coming weeks
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      Originally posted by morny
      Just an update, talked with the developer and he said it should be no problem to add this information in HM2 as the database structure is more flexible and shouldnt cause much of a performance hit, its on the feature list now but it will be after a big performance update planned in the coming weeks
      :f_love:
      I am doing a happy dance!

thank you for the explanation in your earlier post and this follow-up.
      despite the fact that I do some work with Oracle application support, I suffer from the usual problem of the layperson.
      Ignorance is bliss, and problems that you don't understand always seem simple.

I had never noticed the performance issues on HM1, because I had not accumulated very many hands (< 13K) before Black Friday.

I was thinking for these columns you could let the user turn them on & off to improve performance, or only let them appear in reports that have < n hands.
      or something.

I have a really cool idea for a new HM2 feature, but this thread is not really for that.
      Plus, your earlier description makes it seem like it "might" be more complicated than I thought it was yesterday.
      :f_biggrin: