Is it worth sacrificing ROI for volume?

• 107e5
      107e5
      Basic
      I am currently playing $1.20 SnG Turbo tournaments on OnGame.

I noticed that over a sample of 1500+ games when I multitable 6 tables at a time I have an average ROI of 8%.

When I try to increase the tables from 6 to 8-10 then my ROI drops sometimes even gets negative when I do 10.

Right now Betfair is offering a 20% extra rakeback deal up to $500 which is awesome obviously.

So my question is this:

Given that I play around 2 to 3 hours a day 6 tables a time = around 20 tables an hour is it worth trying to increase my tables for the extra rakeback or do you thing getting the safer option of 6 is better play?

All the best

Nicolas
  • 3 replies
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Hey!

First of all, I'd like to point out that your sample is probably too small with the individual multitabling data to draw any conclusions.

In general, improving is pretty important in poker, but overall, when you grind, you are going for $/hr and not ROI. If people were going for ROI then everyone would be 1 tabling normal speed games.

So, you basically have to figure out which way you can maximize your $/hr. It's not easy to find it out, but you are going for that after all.
    • 107e5
      107e5
      Basic
      Thanks Akrammon.

I know my sample is small but that's all I have to work with right now.

Is there a certain way to calculate your $ per hour and compare?

I was thinking of finding exactly how much rakeback I get per table and compare with my ROI. Does this sound like a good plan?

Nicolas
    • tal1981
      tal1981
      Bronze
      if you are playing 1$ sng's your main goal is to improve your poker game and move up to higher buy-in games.
      don't think about hourly rate now, just make sure you are crushing the game and have appropriate bankroll for next level-move up.