Hullo!

• Spireite14
      Spireite14
      Bronze
      Greetings all,

I'm Skye. I'm a bloke, please don't let my name fool you. Just thought I'd introduce myself and all that jazz.
      I've been playing poker, online and off, for about 5 years now but have tended to keep it casual until I felt my skills warranted actually throwing some cash at it.
      Anyway, I'm on 888.com and Poker770 (Spireite14) and PKR (DarthSpireite) and being English, tend to keep to evening games as far as my time zone goes. Hope to see you on the tables. Try not to bankrupt me :)
  • 5 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey Skye

Thanks for joining us, pleasure to have you here :)

So what are you playing mainly Texas Holdem? Omaha? maybe some kind of draw game? Sit n Gos? Cash? A mixture of everything perhaps?

So what brought you here then? Was it the urge to improve your game? The $50 starting capital (thats how i ended up here)? a friend tell you about us?

Questions questions...

Hope to see you around
      Carl
    • Spireite14
      Spireite14
      Bronze
      Hey Carl,

I must admit I was hunting around for some decent offers and got directed here. Had a check around and it seemed like a decent community too, so whilst free money gravitated me towards the site, the friendly nature and also the chance to improve my game played a big part in signing up.

I mainly stick to Texas Holdem as that's where most of the other players are but my favourite, and probably best, game would be Stud Hi/Lo. I much prefer playing the tournament format but I'm trying to improve my SnG and Cash games too as a means to increase my tiny bankroll. I try and avoid Omaha, despite my mate bugging me to play. Too many variables for my liking.

Skye
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin: yes probably a good idea to avoid omaha for now, started playing myself recently and don't think i could ever go back to holdem but boy is it swingy :D

Yeh it's a shame you can't get much Stud action online best place to play is probably Pokerstars if you want to play some, they usually have a couple of tables running at least and they are usually pretty fishy :)

Well enjoy the free money my man and turn it into many $$$ hopefully on the way you will realise that the starting capital is far from the most valuable thing we offer at PokerStrategy.com

Looking forward to seeing you get involved with the community mate :)
    • MasterKyodai
      MasterKyodai
      Bronze
      Hi Spireite,

at first - welcome to the site. Good decision you joined. Although I am still a newbie (Well many hands played tracked made me silver already without doing anything, lol!!) i already learned much here and could improve my play significantly. The articles here are definitely worth reading, the ICM trainers help you a lot and the free 50 Dollar (If you took the quiz!) is just AWESOME.

I'm also on 770 and 888, also european time zone, so maybe capture a table with some noobs and do some chip dumping together? Just kidding of course, I'm not a villain, but would love to play with you on a table. As long as we're both "in the money" i guess it could be fun.

I only play holdem, tried omaha a bit but as you said - too many variables. Gotta be good at the "bigger" tables if ya get what i mean. Many pros and people with godly luck around these.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Spireite!

Welcome to the community!

I play on 888poker myself! Currently I'm playing nl6SH. I had to move down from nl10 :( Had some baddd luck :(

Maybe i'll see you on the tables some day! Don't forget to say Hi if you see me though :D

best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet