Poker Stars $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

BB: $72.57 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 1.7, Hands: 109
      Hero (UTG): $69.34 -
      MP: $21.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 17, 3B: 9, AF: 15.0, Hands: 215
      CO: $52.20 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 10, 3B: 1, AF: 4.0, Hands: 146
      BTN: $78.31 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 14, 3B: 10, AF: 1.7, Hands: 147
      SB: $50.00 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 14, AF: 7.0, Hands: 79

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with J :diamond: J :heart:
      Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, BTN raises to $5.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $3.50

Flop: ($11.25) 9 :heart: T :diamond: 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.00, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($23.25) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $13.50, BTN folds

I was playing 34/29 on the table.
      Being a little deep and with my image I did not think folding was an option, 4bet/fold would bd idiotic and 4bet/AI a little too thin imo as I'm still UTG.

[Flop] Don't think x/r is good as I'll usually isolate myself vs a stronger range imo. Pro this would be the fact that I would protect vs an ovecard.

[Turn] I did not want to see him check back which I think he will usually do when he has a draw/air. I would perceive a raise here as being pretty strong. how would you play against one?
  • 6 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I agree with the preflop part :) . I'd still fold 100BB deep, would you too veriz?
      The guy wouldn't 3bet that loose vs a UTG open...

So because I think his range will be like AK/JJ+ our plan is to setmine. We expect him to cbet this board with his whole range and we don't have to be right all ttime... We need to make a correct call on the flop 1 out of 4. Since AK combo's our about 45% of his range it's a very close spot because they can see the turn and river. It's really close to EV0 on the flop to call or not unless you have some read he cbets halfpot when he hasn't hit and he cbets more when he has a good hand. Without any better info about his postflop stats I'd leave the pot alone on the flop. If we were in position I'd call and reevaluate the turn.

As played I don't like the turncbet because his range is practically QQ+ and AK. You valuetown yourself vs the better hands and AK will probably just check it behind... I'd still ch/f the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Pretty standard here while we also getting really good odds to set-mine being 100bb deep I'd rather fold it.
      Flop: Check/Raising will just turn our hand into bluff and not sure if such a guy would ever even give up his hands as overpairs. But as you played it on the turn then Check/Raising the flop > donking the turn. Doesn't really make sense to donk the turn cause I doubt that you will be very often ahead here, the only hope is that he 3bets with AK. Not sure either what's his 3bet from the BTN cause he could easily just have higher 3bet from the blinds and the nuts mainly from BTN.

As played
      Turn: Just donating money into him, I'd rather Check it and even take a Check behind than Bet it. You wont get value from worse. It's not that likely that he is going to hit the river and his overcards have really small equity vs you.

Board: 9:heart: T:diamond: 5:club:  8:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    14.91%  14.91%   0.00% { AKs, AKo }
      UTG+1  85.09%  85.09%   0.00% { JdJh }

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Veriz So how would you play it? '

Preflop: Rather fold it I guess
      Flop: take x/c, x/f ?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp

I think preflop is a clear call :)

For me it's also not clear if the flop is ch/c or ch/f. I'll prolly call ones too
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Yeah, but what else besides TT/JJ do I call there? In my tricky mode I would call TT+ and AQ+ and only 4bet bluff my weaker hands vs a guy that I think he 3bets wide polarized. But usually can't see more than JJ/TT in my calling range and I hate to play so much face up.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp

I'd usually in those spots just play for the set mainly when they have really small 3betting frequency and otherwise pay attention on their CB sizing. Only reason to Check/Call once here is for the given sizing and getting good odds.