DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $50.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 5, AF: 4.0, Hands: 115
      MP: $26.00 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 22, 3B: 9, AF: 0.3, Hands: 90
      CO: $40.50 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 10, 3B: 2, AF: 5.0, Hands: 97
      Hero (BTN): $50.50 -
      SB: $51.00 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 26, 3B: 8, AF: 1.7, Hands: 43
      BB: $27.25 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 8, 3B: 2, AF: 7.0, Hands: 95

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 8 :heart: A :heart:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4.75, 2 folds, UTG calls $3.25

Flop: ($10.25) 2 :club: 5 :club: Q :spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero ???,

Villain is supernova pro.

I think I should either 3 barrel him and target his 99-JJ or just give it up as I was just trying to see how he handles 3bets and build some image.

How would you proceed from here?
  • 12 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I personally would judge my action according to his WTSD&W$SD but without backdoors I assume I would X/F because the only hand that you gonna make fold are AJ,AK. So either start barreling or X/F as you mentioned.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Do you have a good reason to 3bet preflop? Is his opening range from UTG pretty wide?

I'm almost always going to cbet in a 3bet pot in position, he'll have a hard time calling his JJ even on the flop. I think his range is a lot of the times TT/JJ/QQ and maybe AK. I doubt TT/JJ can call here.

If he calls I give up cause we don't really know how he plays yet, he can maybe trap you there with KK+ as a supernova...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Being IP and having the preflop aggression I'd just CB the flop, not that often he hits here and he still have something like AK/PPs in his range. We might as well even have an overcard as out.

Also don't take supernovas as good players. ;) It's a mistake cause there are a lot of supernovas who lose a lot of money to get the rank. :D

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Being IP and having the preflop aggression I'd just CB the flop, not that often he hits here and he still have something like AK/PPs in his range. We might as well even have an overcard as out.

Also don't take supernovas as good players. ;) It's a mistake cause there are a lot of supernovas who lose a lot of money to get the rank. :D

Best Regards.
      But you are not planning to Cbet once, right? At least I assume you probably if you Cbet the flop you plan also to fire on a lot turn cards because I doubt that most of his 3bet calling range is going to fold on such a flop
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think he is folding most of his range...
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Guess it depends on his calling range. Is it good to expect a JJ/TT to be his starting calling range and add more hands if I have reason to?

PS: Farmachist : Did you get my message?
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Do you expect him to fold his PP to one Cbet on such a flop? Well I think he could only fold better air then ours AJ,AK,AT,KJ but that s it at least IMO even I think I put his air range their wide. Also he is 3betting from and also seems a loose player so doubt that on such a flop he has FE. Only against someone who play fit or fold because otherwise with one Cbet I dont think the job is going to be done.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Well, because he is a supernova and seems solid it's hard to give him a range to call preflop... It's not so good in most cases. So if I had to give him a range there than I think he mostly has TT/JJ/QQ that don't want to get it in preflop and kinda setmine with TT/JJ.

Since our range should be strong vs UTG range he rly should fold TT/JJ and just setmine with it
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Well, because he is a supernova and seems solid it's hard to give him a range to call preflop... It's not so good in most cases. So if I had to give him a range there than I think he mostly has TT/JJ/QQ that don't want to get it in preflop and kinda setmine with TT/JJ.

Since our range should be strong vs UTG range he rly should fold TT/JJ and just setmine with it
      I sent you a message, did you get it?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp

I sent you a message, did you get it?
      A friend request or what you mean? I accepted that ;)
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Nope, I resent it, hope you see it now. Title is "skype group"
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Best Regards.
      But you are not planning to Cbet once, right? At least I assume you probably if you Cbet the flop you plan also to fire on a lot turn cards because I doubt that most of his 3bet calling range is going to fold on such a flop
      Yes, I'd 2nd barrel it cause I would assume his Check/calling range also contains TT/JJ and maybe even worse but which fold to 2nd barrel.