Looking for good material (Books, appz, etc)

• MasterKyodai
      MasterKyodai
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, although i managed to get my bankroll up a bit i feel I am still very far away from being a pro.

So what i would like to ask for are recommendations for:

- Books (Name THE best or several good books on holdem/SNG)

- Applications (I heard of HoldemInspector Pro, which are worth buying?)

- Charts/Tables (I have already a dozen, i would like to have something nice for holdem/SNG where everything is in ONE document if it exists)

- Suggestions (Would you say "Get a coach!" or recommend to watch tournaments on TV? Let me know your thoughts!)
  • 6 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey MasterKyodai,

How was your trip to Japan? Did you bring me back some pictures? :P

First off, watching TV tournaments is definitely not good for your game. There are some good books out there i hear too but i don't read them too often someone else will maybe come along and help out with this :) For improving your mental game though, i highly recommend both "The Poker Mindset" and "The Mental Game of Poker"

Charts and tables: have you read our strategy articles? there are some pdf files in there with charts for the early, middle and late Sng phases take a look here:

Sng starting hand charts

As for applications, i've never heard of HoldemInspector so i can't recommend it, however most people will agree that Holdem manager is the top dog in poker software they offer a 60 day free trial i believe so you can have a good try of it before you commit to buying it, you can find out more about Holdem Manager here:

Holdem/Omaha Manager

All the best my friend, shout if you need anything else

Carl
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Limit holdem or No-Limit Holdem Books?

Good Books for SNG:
      Collin Moshman's SNG Strategy
      Phil Shaw's Secret of SNG

Get SNGwiz, it's a must.
      ICM trainer and ICM lite if you didn't already get it.
      You can also get SNG End Game Tools if you don't want to spend $100 on SNGwiz.

Holdem manager is da Nuts!

Join the coaching sessions here!

Don't think you need 1 on 1 coaching right now...
      Maybe post your graph, ROI stats etc.
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      So got yourself a Fiancee?
    • MasterKyodai
      MasterKyodai
      Bronze
      Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated! Gonna look into these.

I am still sorting photos from the trip to Japan, but here's a short teaser vid of my visit to the goddess of mercy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRfMJ21sH84

And yes i got myself a fiancee. =) :heart:

Well i just had a damn good ring, solid gold, with a big heart shaped diamond and 8 smaller diamonds. Unfortunately there are no spade shaped diamonds, lol. But in the end it was like a pair of aces, so i just went all-in, kneeled down and asked her and she said "yes". So i won that hand. =)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Yay nice one :)

Happy for you dude congratulations :f_love:

Have you set a date yet?
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      books -
      Collin Moshman
      Sit 'n Go Strategy
      Heads Up No Limit Hold 'em
      (very useful even if you don't play Heads Up, heads up situations occur often)

Dan Harrington
      Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 1: Strategic Play
      Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 2: Endgame