Permanent tilt...

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Cant find motivation, cant find meaning, cant find anything useless. Only happy thing i can find is my moments that gets crushed everytime.

Over 7k hands.

Cashed all out and started investing in forex, which btw goes super well for me. It was my first tournament on bet365 with a roi on 4884 %

Made 60$/hour until i went all in on realmadrid vs looser team that gets goal 24 sec before end.

~100k hands bb 2,5

Still cant find motivation. Its like the my mindset is ruined because my investments now is about to go to nothing, thx to germans willing to rule the hole europe with them beeing able to sell all their assets, and then make a loan of the eu investments bank to a 0.07% fee, while the rest of europe need to pay 6% in fee, because they find a loop hole before the rules where chanced. And they keep selling stuff so it keeps diving very fast.

Oh and today i lost 3.9 $ in poker. Like i just dont care anymore.
      What to do, any suggestions?

Anyone can see a pattern of what it is im lacking in experience of?
  • 19 replies
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      The only thing I could understand from your post is that your screen name is mw1337.....
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      i have just posted my happy moments.

The problem is that i am on tilt, even before i join a table tbh.

And i cant seem to forget my investment, because it is really stressing to see it keeps dropping in points.
      Maybe thats the hole problem that i now thinks so much about that freaking investment, that i dont seem to care about the few $$ im sitting with on the table.

My plan was to make some few $ on poker multitabling, and just keep adding more to my invest.

Oh and also, my note on my 18 table tac on FL poker is deleted by my virus program..

Which i spent all in all about 150 hours creating :(
    • Jitroceler
      Jitroceler
      Bronze
      Haha THIS IS SPARTA!
    • kokos99sd
      kokos99sd
      Bronze
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by kokos99sd
      +1
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Have you considered multitabling? It may increase your $/hr.

:coolface:
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      cool blog dude
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Are those 32 tables on 2 monitors?
      If not - WTF? If yes - WTF?
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      No no its on an old fine 23'' crt screen. 2048x1536 75hz

And a 40'' lcd tv
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      There is a lot of this going around lately:
      I suggest you read the threads:
      The quick guide to skyrocketing your (poker) productivity
      and
      Depression and Poker.

There is a lot of material in those threads that pertains to your situation.

One thing is for certain, if something OTHER THAN poker is topmost in your mind, you won't be playing your best.
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      I see a pattern. Happens to pretty much everyone that goes into financial gambling: forex, day trading, etc. Just a lot of stress, tilt, steaming...

...and don't give me crap about how when you KNOW what you're doing, it's working out. Forex and day trading are gambling. You might as well go play roulette.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Ever read CAPM?

Tools to calculate variance, risk % - time of profit.
      Its really good, about using a variance of 2 stock and so on. But i wont say im a shark yet. However reading alot about the CAPM right now.

(Capital Assets Pricing Model)

Sounds interresting that therapy about mind in the other thread.

And i just love the first thread ;p
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martinemem
      Ever read CAPM?

Tools to calculate variance, risk % - time of profit.
      Its really good, about using a variance of 2 stock and so on. But i wont say im a shark yet. However reading alot about the CAPM right now.

(Capital Assets Pricing Model)

Sounds interresting that therapy about mind in the other thread.

And i just love the first thread ;p
      Actually, I finished economics and I just might have something for you. A few years ago I was interested in investing and I found this paper that you might want to read.

http://www.ieseinsight.com/doc.aspx?id=711&ar=7

As far as investing is concerned - I find that financial modeling often runs away from the basics of business and economics, therefore turning everything into a gamble. That's why I really love the Warren Buffet approach to investing. You might also like the difference between investor and a speculator.

And for the sake of not going too offtopic here, your problem is easy to solve. It's all about managing your state. If I go to play tennis, I have to focus on the game and not about some other concerns that have nothing to do with tennis. So if you want to worry about your investment, postpone it until after you've finished your session of poker. Avoiding tilt is managing your state. And it begins by giving the event (e.g. someone sucked out on the river) a certain meaning (in this case a negative one, such as - why am I losing to such lousy players, I am so unlucky) and that meaning makes you feel and do something (steam, curse, troll the player in chat...). Players who avoid tilt give it a positive meaning - this is good, I want him to call me because in the long run I will win 85% of the time which is very profitable to me.

If you give a positive meaning to you losing your investment, you'll do much better. Because whenever something negative happens, we can grow. We stretch ourselves beyond our comfort zone, we experience something new and we can learn from it and make some progress. And progress makes us happy. :f_biggrin:
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze

Todays play, and even the fishes is folding to my play now :(

or maybe just more good players -.-
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      if you have no motivation to play - why play?
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      cant say no to 20 1/8 odds on draw to flush every hour :o
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze

Todays play, should i go to bed, or play 15 hour more, cant decide?