[NL2-NL10] JJ pf fold !??

• 6 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      When you play basic SSS, you should never call.
      It's raise/fold.
      In this case you should have raised to $12, when you're getting reraised, you call (all-in) according to the stack:raise ratio.
      Bronze
      JJ is a push until you're playing very tight guy or a ps.co shortie who raises from utg. No calling here.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Don't you get more value by raising this bet instead of pushing straight away?
      Or does that depend on the hand you have?
      Bronze
      If you raise 3x there're like 8 bucks in your stack left. You're betting them anyway on the flop.

Your oponent is calling on the flop if you're beaten, i.e. there are overcards and your oponent hits. He's not calling if he's beaten.

Pushing preflop = greater fold equity.

That's how I see it.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      ^^
    • fjdn
      fjdn
      Bronze
      agree ... you should have pushed to 12 $ ... cause without any information you can be sure that you probably got a stronger hand then the guy who raised 4$; i suppose ... so you should use that option

but the last guy who throws all in with 17$ is kind of a problem indeed =)

Did you had any information about him? Is he playing realy tight, so you can asume that he is holding stuff like QQ KK AA, or is he more loose or what ever indication you got about him that helps you ... cause in these situations the more information you got about your opponent the better it is for you ;-)

but i'm no "pro" so correct me if i'm wrong =)