[NL2-NL10] 4NL JJ in BB - fishy BTN raises, board

• William340
      William340
      Bronze
      very few hands on the Villian, but in the few hands he has shown down I've seen:
      suited junk: K6s (raised from BTN) , K4s, Q7s
      A-rag: A2o

$0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      Merge
      7 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Player1 ($1.94)
      UTG+1 Player2 ($1.80)
      MP Player3 ($4)
      CO Player4 ($2.57)
      BTN Player5 ($4.95) - VPIP: 34, PFR: 20, 3B: 13, AF: 1.5, Hands: 41
      SB Player7 ($4)
      BB William340 ($4.61)

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 7 players) William340 is BB J:club: J:spade:
      4 folds, Player5 raises to $0.08, 1 fold, William340 calls $0.04

Flop: 10:heart: 6:spade: 7:spade: ($0.18, 2 players)
      William340 checks, Player5 bets $0.09, William340 calls $0.09

Turn: 3:heart: ($0.36, 2 players)
      William340 checks, Player5 bets $0.18, William340 calls $0.18

River: J:heart: ($0.72, 2 players)
      William340 checks, Player5 checks

Final Pot: $0.72
      Player5 shows
      5:diamond: 6:diamond:
      William340 shows
      J:club: J:spade:

William340 wins $0.69 (net +$0.34)

Player5 lost $0.35

I was torn over whether to check/raise or check/call the river.
      I guess it didn't matter either way.

so, street by street -
      preflop - 3B his minraise?
      flop - donk bet or check/raise to protect vs his possible flush draw? 89 has already flopped a straight.

turn - now there's 2 flush draws and 45 just got there

river - I make set and the backdoor flush hits.

I guess I stayed passive as the board was so draw heavy the whole way.
      good or bad?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you should definitely 3-bet pf. There may be option to trap the player, but there are just too many overcards and if you just c/c down on low boards then you also don´t gain too much value out of worse hands.

Instead of c/c I would prefer bet/bet/bet postflop. I would protect that way my hand, he would often call me down with light and if he wants to make some kind of bluffraise then JJ is good enough to at least b/c flop (if not bet/3-bet)

I don´t like too much c/c, since I don´t want to play stacks and players would not get all-in too many worse hands if you face 3-bet on the flop.

If you c/c flop I think c/c turn would be better option to go pot control. Since his turn bet size is not that big, you can also go c/r for value, but if you´re not sure how much he bets also his overpairs I think c/c should be fine.

I would bet 0.35$ myself on the river, since he would check back a lot of hands that has showdown value and would not bluff that card too often. Since overpairs would not b/c river I think c/c is better option than c/r

best regards,
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if I am understanding all of your points.
      please see below.

Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I think you should definitely 3-bet pf. There may be option to trap the player, but there are just too many overcards and if you just c/c down on low boards then you also don´t gain too much value out of worse hands.

Instead of c/c I would prefer bet/bet/bet postflop. I would protect that way my hand, he would often call me down with light and if he wants to make some kind of bluffraise then JJ is good enough to at least b/c flop (if not bet/3-bet)

I don´t like too much c/c, since I don´t want to play stacks and players would not get all-in too many worse hands if you face 3-bet on the flop.

did you mean c/r here?

If you c/c flop I think c/c turn would be better option to go pot control. Since his turn bet size is not that big, you can also go c/r for value, but if you´re not sure how much he bets also his overpairs I think c/c should be fine.

I would bet 0.35$ myself on the river, since he would check back a lot of hands that has showdown value and would not bluff that card too often. Since overpairs would not b/c river I think c/c is better option than c/r

best regards,
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello William340,

Preflop: Against a min-raise it's an easy 3bet for value.

As played
      Flop: I'd most likely with such raising preflop just start leading out myself here, I don't want to see small bets and vs them I'd rather Check/Raise and protect my hand.

As played
      Turn: As long I went for passive approach I'd rather lead out here myself and protect my hand and avoid him betting again so small.

As played
      River: Bet again myself cause I doubt that he is going to Bet with a lot worse as long he has shown so much weakness.

Best Regards.