TURN ($10.75) 8:club: 2:club: Q:heart: 5:spade:

CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($10.75) 8:club: 2:club: Q:heart: 5:spade: T:spade:

CO checks, Hero bets $6.50, CO raises to $19, Hero folds

CO wins $22.21

Hi!

CO 24/19 74% cbet
      BB 42/18 fish

Turn: Should I bet turn? If yes why? I dont think I should really protect my hand, mostly he has 2-3 max 4 with outs with a JTo I think. Or get value from KQ JQ? It can be a situation when not much worse calling but he gets a free card.
      If bet what to do if he c/r? He might know, that only hands I can continue to a c/r are 22 88 which is a verry narrow range of mine (I can have lots of Qx, fd or mid pp) so he could do it with worse hands also.

River: Can I call that c/r? Is this going to be 99% of the time TT or sth like J :heart: 9 :heart:

I think I am a bit overthinking this hand. :s_ugly:

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      For me the turn is an easy valuebet. You'd also bet all your bluffs/draws here... If he has a draw he can pay you here but he can't if he missed.

River is very very strange because he'll bet allmost alwys his valuehands there himself. Because he looks pretty aggro I think I'm going to bluffcatch him there...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Cukk,

Turn: Don't really see any reason to Check the turn and give him a free card. Pretty easy value-bet there. :)

As played
      River: I would assume he is 2nd barreling a lot of draws/strong made hands on the turn. So it can be only TT on the river. But otherwise his range is pretty polarized so I'd Bet/Call it off. :) Your line was also really weak by Checking the turn.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Just bet for value turn, you are giving him infinite odds to draw with all his range if you check and he can call with lots of weaker hands and fold his equity share when he has a weak hand.

Don't really worry about villain x/r his all range here. Did you see any players doing this? I think it would be very rarely to see this, and if you do I'd rather fold the first few times until I get the read instead of blindly assuming he is x/r 100% of the time here.

Usually villain is not going to take this line with a value hand because of the sd/fd possibilities so I'd personally not fold TP vs a x/r here usually.