This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ak 28.5. Nl6

• durinko
      durinko
      Bronze
      888 Poker - $0.06 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $6.00
      UTG: $3.60
      UTG+1: $2.25
      MP: $5.73
      MP+1: $6.65
      CO: $5.95
      BTN: $6.00
      Hero (SB): $12.41

Hero posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06, UTG posts DB $0.06

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:heart: K:spade:

UTG checks, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.24, fold, Hero calls $0.21, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.60, 2 players) K:diamond: K:club: 8:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.40, fold

player who is willing to raise pf with worse so called pf to keep worse hands in his range...

slowplay flop?
  • 4 replies
    • JimmyChooEsq
      JimmyChooEsq
      Bronze
      The only thing he could have that is ahead of you is 88.

The check raise is very aggressive and screams "KING! I'VE GOT A KING!!!. I'd play check call as you've got such a strong hand and see how far Villain will go.
    • durinko
      durinko
      Bronze
      yeah, guess I got too excited about the flop...:D

but if I called - I don't really want to give villain opportunity to check behind on turn and if I betting the turn after x/c flop can also get him out of hand (however, his hand can improve and he would call me there...hmmm) - this was my thought process during the hand :)
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      This is one of those hands you really need to know your villain to make optimum decision. Some guys I raise pre, others I flat.

Flop it depends again, if they are station-y raising is good because you can't trust passives to build a pot and they call any bet and any raise if they have any King.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello durinko,

One of the option to pick here to avoid him folding directly on the flop is to Check/Call the flop and donk the turn and maybe he even his something then. :) Check/Raising might scare away a lot of hands.

Best Regards.