[NL20-NL50] SH50 Zoom, 78 flopped trips

• DailyDollarPro
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is Btn with 7, 8.
      folds, Mp raises to $1.25, folds, Hero calls $1.25, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.25) 5, 8, 8 (2 players)
      Mp bets $1.86, Hero raises to $5.00, Mp raises to $8.14, Hero raises to $14.00, Mp folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11.39.

I only had 10 hands on this villain, but he starts with slightly less than a full stack so we can assume he is not a reg.

I probably should have 3bet this pre. When I saw the flop I'm thinking why didn't you 3bet this pre!!!

Anyway, villain cbets, I raise, he tanks for a bit and then clicks it back...

At this point should I just smooth call and hope he bets the turn? In my mind smoothing reps only 8x or 55, nothing else. So I elected to re raise to keep air in my range. But does the fish think this way? What does his click back 3bet rep?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20

since you´re on the BU I think call is also fine. Sure you can 3-bet, but 87s is not ahead and he may easily 4-bet where you just waste your money 3-betting hand that plays good postflop. I like your flop raise (although i would made it 4.5 -not big difference and 5 is also fine) and would definitely call his 3-bet. You don´t afraid anything and can easily call him down at any turn and river cards. Also I think he may be easily bluffing there (sometimes valuebetting) and if you click it back, then it looks just too strong and players would not go on 5-th level to try outbluff you.

You still have 76s and medium pp-s in your range that he may try to bluff you out.

best regards,