This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 33 set on flush board

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

UTG: $18.86
      MP: $35.95
      CO: $35.02
      BTN: $24.42
      Hero (SB): $47.42
      BB: $25.16

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is SB with 3 :spade: 3 :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.63, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) T :spade: A :spade: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3, BTN calls $2

Turn: ($7.75) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, BTN raises to $10, Hero ???

BTN

Preflop my first idea was folding, he calls 3bets quite frequently, but I coldcalled due to his higher WtSD (and hopefully implied odds).
      Flop bigger chR?
      What would you play on the turn? I didnt want to check, and give some AxXs a free card. After this minR? Call, and hope for pairing up on the river?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think small c/r are fine on the flop. People are not messing around Axx hands, so I think he may easily try to rebluff and would always call his Ax hands. I would prefer betting turn to represent flush and if he is suspicious he would call me down his AK/AQ.
      I think turn shove is not the best- I´m not sure if he is ever playing two pair that way, but if he wants to make moves I would rather call his min-raise and then c/c his river bet

best regards,
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      If you call turn minR, would you check/call AI any non-spade, blank river as well? I havent seen him making this kind of moves before, and he's quite an unimaginative, 17/12 nitreg...
      What I want to ask, that is it a viable option to call the turn only based on the odds, and ch/fold even on a blank river unimproved?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      If you call turn minR, would you check/call AI any non-spade, blank river as well? I havent seen him making this kind of moves before, and he's quite an unimaginative, 17/12 nitreg...
      What I want to ask, that is it a viable option to call the turn only based on the odds, and ch/fold even on a blank river unimproved?
      Hi, it is hard to fold a set, but if player is not shoving value worse hands and would not bluff then I think c/f river is reasonable.
      b/c turn and c/f river is reasonable against nit.