Is Table Selection Considered Cheating at Poker770?

• cyclist52
      cyclist52
      Bronze
      The Poker770 Terms and Conditions include the following:

Table Blocking / Hogging
      4.1.11In order to guarantee the optimum gaming conditions at Poker770 tables, any player who intentionally refuses to play against any particular player (« Table Blocking ») and/or intentionally play against weaker players (« Hogging ») will face disciplinary measures. All measures taken against one or more players suspected of «Table Blocking» and/or « Hogging », cheating or any other forms of fraud, will solely be at Poker770's discretion.

Does this mean that we can't do table selection at Poker770?
      If someone is crushing me do I have to stay at a table with him/her sitting on my left?

This seems contrary to the PokerStrategy articles which suggest that table selection is important.
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi there cyclist52,

I suggest you ask this to their support. Although we do have a Poker770 representative here from time to time. If you are looking for a quick response I would email them for sure

Poker770 Support

Best regards,

Gary
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Hi there,

This is the iPoker Headsup tables policy and does not apply to table selection regardnig SH or FR tables.

Basically, it is to prevent one player from opening 16 HU tables - and if he does the other players will report him to iPoker through their room and he will be warned.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohanRember
      Hi there,

This is the iPoker Headsup tables policy and does not apply to table selection regardnig SH or FR tables.

Basically, it is to prevent one player from opening 16 HU tables - and if he does the other players will report him to iPoker through their room and he will be warned.
      Thank you :)
    • support770
      support770
      Bronze
      Hello,

We wish to assure you that Table Blocking/Hogging is not meant to hinder your table selection on Poker770, but to ensure a fair game for all players.

Basically, table Blocking/Hogging takes place at heads up tables and it can be defined as the refusal to play against another player but also the refusal to vacate the seat in which you are sitting-out at, leaving no other seat available for another player to join.

Please note that the he maximum amount of Heads Up tables you are indeed allowed to have open without any games taking place is 4. Players sitting (out) at multiple tables leads to Hogging, thus making dificult for games to be carried out.

In case you do not want to play against a specific player, after joining the table, you can easily vacate the place, of course, as long as this action does not become repetitive against the player in question.

As you can see, Blocking/Hogging leads to frustration and can spoil the friendly and pleasant atmosphere during games. For this reason, we advise all players to leave behind the personal issues they may have against specific players and to enjoy the adrenaline, here, on Poker770.

Regards,

Yoannah

Poker770 Representative
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you Yoanna :)
    • cyclist52
      cyclist52
      Bronze
      Thanks.

I guess I was confused by the fact that the T&C didn't mention heads up play.