NL500 Zoom

• navystars
      navystars
      Silver
      Wondering your opinion on this hand. I think im good on the river, the villian is some crazy supernova lag running like 30/25/20 or something absurd. I realize I should of check called whole way instead of raising but would like some peoples feedback thanks.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($514.60)
      SB ($286.04)
      Hero (BB) ($857.02)
      UTG ($222.20)
      MP ($2002.46)
      CO ($1119.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 10
      1 fold, MP bets $15, 3 folds, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($32.50) 7, 10, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $21.72, Hero calls $21.72

Turn: ($75.94) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $51.19, Hero raises to $138.95, MP calls $87.76

River: ($353.84) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $205.72, Hero folds

Total pot: $353.84 | Rake: $2.80
  • 6 replies
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      hmm, when u c/r your hand is pretty faced up. Most likely you're raising all your value hands on the flop, for that reason you can have some random draw or some weak pair turned into a bluff. If he's capable to handread, he should know that. As you said, you should have c/c :) On the river it's really interesting. From his point of view you have nothing. OFC he should bet good Jx or better, but not sure about his sizing. Does he bet different sizings or stick only to defaults ? Many players would bet like $60 and hope for some call with bottom pair or something like that. I would have called here, I think we're good decent amount of the time and we can take a note after the hand.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      As played I think we just have to call and make a note. I'm not sure how thin he bets for value otr? AJ? I'm sure we can find enough random bluff combos with the pot odds we have to make it a profitable call.

Pre is good, but 3betting alot vs these guys is good too and if he is very splashly post flop and never folding/barrelling alot then 3betting can become slightly more +Ev than calling.
    • navystars
      navystars
      Silver
      Thanks for your input both of you. Afterwards I was thinking I should of called because I figured i was good most of the time, he would bet for value if he wanted a call but he could also have AA or something along those lines. Interesting hand for sure thanks for input.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      River line is indeed interesting. Thoughts?
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by getdotacom
      hmm, when u c/r your hand is pretty faced up. Most likely you're raising all your value hands on the flop, for that reason you can have some random draw or some weak pair turned into a bluff.
      Well I wouldn't make strong assumptions like that. Maybe Hero plays his sets like this. Maybe he plays KK like this. Of course he can have 88 type of hand but I don't think this line in unreasonable.

T9 is a turn check call though, strong enough to take one more card.

If you do decide to check raise turn I think you should raise a lot bigger. KQ AQ AK Jx fd are all getting odds to call 90 into 260. I think you should ~pot raise with these stacks on this board.

River check is good. I think you have to call against such a small bet.. he can have every possible busted draw, he will 3bet turn with premiums often, and AJ might check behind river. Easy call actually imo.
    • Lefty85
      Lefty85
      Bronze
      I don't understand why you want to play T-9s OOP against a supernova lag. You're hand is behind on his range, even if he opens 40% of his hands. SC's play so bad OOP, you're going to have so many middle pair spots where you have no idea where you at and he's gonna barrel you off, or you're gonna pay him off.

3-bet or fold pre imo.

I really hate that turn raise since you have to call almost every river and you're making it very expensive.