new at poker770

• wickytheviking
      Hi pokerplayers,
      I have started playing at poker770 this week. I used the registration bonuspromotion, 50$ for free offered by
      I want to focus on cashgame nl2.

My goals for June:
      I'm a beginner at cashgame nl2. I start with a BRoll of $10.
      And I'll try to build it up till the end of the month to $75+.
      In totall in 30 days and 3 targets 25,50 and 75dollar.

Type of game: 0,01/0,02cent 6max cashgame nl.holdem.
      50bb stack (1 dollar).

I need to improve my game. I need to find out my A game (most profitable strategy) for this limit/type of poker game.

1. after every session i analyze my hands. And post some of them at this forum.
      2. Read the articles from this website.
      3. And i would like to use coaching video's to improve more. Specific for this type of game/limit. Anyone knows importend ones to see?

Anyone who has advise or a comment after reading this please post it overhere. Realistic goal or tips?? And i'll see how it goes!! Lets see if I can achieve my goal.

Thank You
  • 6 replies
    • RasTweet
      Hi wickytheviking!

Welcome to the community!

Nice first post you got there!

You have a good plan on how to improve your plan! But I'm not a big fan of your goals :( As a beginner, don't focus to much on the money. Just try to improve! I'm just afraid that you want to win to much and if you're not going to make it at the end of the month, you might start tilting.

Just make sure you stick to your BRM and try to improve your game!

I see you started with the NL beginners course as well and thats a very good thing! It will improve your game massively and give you a solid foundation to build your knowledge upon!

Maybe you could start a blog? Your first post was a good start already! Give it a try, it's a good way to interact with the community and to keep track of your progress!

best of luck on the tables!

• MasterKyodai
      Personally i find SNG easier for beginners, especially if you are not familiar with the strategy or even the game itself. But if you say you wanna focus on cash games you maybe already have some experience or other good reasons.

In your case if you wanna stick to cash games i can only advise you to read very well through all articles here and keep the money spent as low as possible.

Your goal of 75 USD is not a good idea. Most likely having such a goal will just make tilt more likely to happen for you as you get frustrated when you don't reach your goal. Especially as a beginner try to have learning as much as possible as your only goal. Watch video tutorials, post hands and try to be nice to people here, maybe someone will coach you a bit for free. Also try to look into other game types, even if you'll stick to your cash games you can only learn more if you try out more. Also take a try at poker sites that offer freebies, with you can get 20 Dollars for free at PKR if you win 20,000 chips in play money (Refer to the rooms tab) oh and of course the free 7,70 USD from 770 and the free 8 bucks from 888 poker. People over there usually play less tough than at sites like pokerstars. ;)
    • wickytheviking
      Thanks guys for your reply.

Till now it looks like im doing something right at this limit :) at poker770. Alot of fish at the tables trying to see every flop they can.

I've played over 4k hands now so its going well.
      I agree goals to much focussed on the money arent good i realize that now. It could definately tillt me at the end.
      Lets see if i can manage to make it till 10k hands this month and it would be nice to have some profit too. I wanted to achieve the 100points last week to become the silver status and to be able to see more videos overhere. I really liked the videos from the belgium guy Yoshiwa about the micros.

I think the main reason to change to nl2 cashgame is to learn/improve and start from zero again. I have had some success in the past at bodog beating the 12dollar 6max sitngo and double ups overthere. Something like 1500 games in total. Cashed in some of the mtt aswell like the 10k $55 etc. But i didn't like what bodog changed on the website/software a year ago.

But now I just want to see howfar I can go in cashgames. It will help me to improve my game for sure, get more experienced and use this in the other games later on.

Greetings and thanks again!!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Maybe you could start a blog? Your first post was a good start already! Give it a try, it's a good way to interact with the community and to keep track of your progress!

I see you've made your blog, I'm just heading off to work but I'll check it out later tonight when I'm home, I look forward to seeing you progress!
    • roopopper
      Hello and welcome :)

• ArkhamAsylum
      Hello and welcome