double up

• ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      well i've doubled the $50 up to $100, with $15 of that coming from bonuses.

i've been playing the NL10 and buying in for $5, and leaving the when i have $15 or more. i just started a few days ago and until today only been playing 1 table at a time. today i started to play 2.

not a bad little run, let's hope it continues. and thanks for that free $50 to the guys at pokerstrategy.

now let's see what i can turn it into. =D
  • 23 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ehkayforty7
      now let's see what i can turn it into. =D
      I'm guessing 0$.

unless you go have a look here
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi ehkayforty7

I really advice you to play either BSS or SSS, not a mixery of both, because that way you can´t profit from the advantages of neither the on nor the other strategy.
      For the beginning i suggest to play SSS.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      lol, swiss, why the negativity?

and i don't, and won't play SSS. i prefer to play actual poker. $5 at NL10 is enough to give me some fold equity and just barely enough where people with big stacks will call an all in without the greatest hand.

been working wonders for me so far.

in any case, i was just sharing my success, not asking for advice. ;)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I don't want to teach you. I am really honest, when i say it makes no sense to play with 50BB. I just want to help you. Our strategies are the product of a lot expirience.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Playing half stacked is wrong on so many levels!!!!
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Agreed.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Yeah agreed again, don't forget there are full timr pros here who write the strategies.
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      well i don't know, but it's been working for me. maybe i just know how to play with a halfstack?

meh, i'll keep doing what i'm doing until i can afford to play BSS (once i get $200).
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      and while i'm here, what's so wrong with playing halfstack?

i'm curious to hear what you have to say.
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      i think you should write some HSS articles
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      There is no certain strategy attached to it. You won't be able to get full value out of your hand. For example an all in would be $5, but with BSS you would get the extra $5 in there as well, plus scaring half stacks that you can call their all in without losing all your own chips.

People give more respect and fold since they will go broke on table but you won't unless your face another big stack.

It is not that you know how to play with half stack, it is is just that you play good, then you can make even more using BSS, but if you see a long-term profit then go ahead, after making money is money doesn't matter how you do it as long as its legal... :)
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ehkayforty7
      in any case, i was just sharing my success, not asking for advice. ;)
      why join a poker school site then :)
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      i do prefer BSS but until i can play it comfortably i will continue buying in for halfstack.

hunt, do i sense some sarcasm mayhaps?

pokerQT, i joined to get the free money. i posted to share my success, did you notice the forum this thread is in?
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      well you should use the strategies provided for long term success, $100 is nothin if you lose it within another week (except for maybe learning that you shoulda followed the strategies on here, as they're there for a reason)

Good luck anyway, hope you take some of the advice :)
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      i will take the advice to play BSS, when i get another $100 that is.

once i have $200 that means that $10 will only be 5% of my BR, at which level i am comfortable with 20 BI's.
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      I hope your bankroll survives until then.
      Your buy-in and sit-out limits are just nc. I dont even want to think under what strategy rules are you playing pre/post flop
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      haahahha so many haters.

that's ok, i play my own style and i'm fine with it. hate on!
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Can some1 lock the topic. This guy makes me sad.
      No really, you should try to listen to people with far more experience than you. And thats not only in poker...
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      He just shared his success, I think that we might be going too hard on him because we all care. After he gets $50, it really depends on him how he wants to play it.

Lots of people are doing it. I won't be surprised if someone gets $50 and then blows it on $50 heads up SNG.

Plus he is managing his BR properly, just buying in with half stack, so really I mean we shouldn't be that harsh.

:)