w1theviking

• wickytheviking
      wickytheviking
      Bronze
      Hi pokerplayers,
      I have started playing at poker770 this week. I used the registration bonuspromotion, 50$ for free offered by pokerstrategy.com
      I want to focus on cashgame nl2.

My goals for June:
      I'm a beginner at cashgame nl2. I start with a BRoll of $10.
      And I'll try to build it up till the end of the month to $75+.
      In totall in 30 days and 3 targets 25,50 and 75dollar.

Type of game: 0,01/0,02cent 6max cashgame nl.holdem.
      50bb stack (1 dollar).

I need to improve my game. I need to find out my A game (most profitable strategy) for this limit/type of poker game.

1. after every session i analyze my hands. And post some of them at this forum.
      2. Read the articles from this website.
      3. And i would like to use coaching video's to improve more. Specific for this type of game/limit. Anyone knows importend ones to see?

Anyone who has advise or a comment after reading this please post it overhere. Realistic goal or tips?? And i'll see how it goes!! Lets see if I can achieve my goal.

Thank You
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck wickytheviking,

About the videos just start to watch the videos which Beginners course recommend and then go for hasenbraten ones, they are really good. :)

The goals are pretty good but you can also put some goals for offline like do some sports or whatsoever you like to do, maybe waste some time with friends etc.

Hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

You can now start with your 1st Lesson:
      Lesson #1

The whole course plan:
      Overview of Beginners Course

Best Regards.
    • wickytheviking
      wickytheviking
      Bronze
      Thank you Veriz
    • wickytheviking
      wickytheviking
      Bronze
      4. - Do the homework:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      I like to play poker with friends and thats how I started winning some.
      A few of them went to Las Vegas to play there during the world series a copple years now. My motivation to play poker online is to improve my game, become better and better and build a bankroll to be able to join them in LV in 1 or 2 years :P

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Something I am trying to find out still but I think I am calling the river bet to often when I sense I can only beat a bluff.
      Tillting after after a bad beat.
      Addapt and change to another style.
      BRM but since I started at poker770 thats is going really good sofar :)

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      I play tight agressive, it means a play by the starting hand requirements (hand charts by position) and rarely open raise with a very weak starting hand. I want the initiatif in the hand, I bet my hand strength agressively.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

BRM is very important aspect of poker, which is kind of must to follow. If you ain't following it it will lead you just gambling money away. During tilt phase it could also be the case that you are more moody and which means that you are going to lose more money away. If you don't have a proper BRM then it will lead you to the losses. Therefore try to follow strictly to BRM and set up the buy-in rule for yourself what is a must need. Standard would be ~25BIs at least which for some is even aggressive BRM.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.