Question about re-stealing and 3-betting

• eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Not sure if this has been asked before, but something seems a little strange :f_cool:

If we are in the big blind with ATo, and someone from button open-raises, and action is back to us.. Do we:
      a) look at MSS Steals & Resteals Chart and see that when in big blind we can only resteal with AJ+, therefore we fold ATo..
      or
      b) we look at MSS 3-Betting Chart and see that when someone has made a raise from CO,BU or SB we can 3-bet them with A9s+, therefore 3-betting them and folding to a shove.. ??

Feel a bit awkward, not sure what I should follow.. :/

Thanks!
  • 7 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      Hi,

I think you should use 3betting chart, because BU's range will be much wider. You block Ax combos with AT, A9s and still have some playability postflop in case of coldcall.
    • CrocHunter
      CrocHunter
      Bronze
      WOW! I haven't noticed this. No disrespect to the silver member above, who I agree with by the way, but would be nice to have a PS coach or equivalent to answer this question with a nice explanation!
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      Originally posted by CrocHunter
      WOW! I haven't noticed this. No disrespect to the silver member above, who I agree with by the way, but would be nice to have a PS coach or equivalent to answer this question with a nice explanation!
      No disrespect taken ;) Actually it's great that you don't take it as a simple fact and that you are curious in further analysis. You should wait whether Gerv stops by or simply ask him next mss coaching on Sunday.
    • trgovcic
      trgovcic
      Bronze
      drop that charts, and when you do that you ll become a better player....

in this situation it mostly depends on villian and game flow....

dont use that pokerstrategy charts, use your brain instead
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      I'd 3 bet a-10 but fold to a shove, as for a-9 it's getting folded, the button has position on you and a-9 OOP is no good. Against most players your asking for trouble in my opinion, unless they're extremely loose and aggressive.
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Stats can help.
      Position Position Position..post flop.
      Awkward cards in awkward spots = doom for me.
    • FarligeJohn
      FarligeJohn
      Bronze
      I agree in making your decision in context of the game. If the opponent who raises is a known pre-flop raiser (and loose) your should consider your ATo to be the best at the time, unless it is an unusual bet he makes. Let's say he normally raises 3x the BB and he suddently raises 2.5x, then your should take it either to be that he wants you to call or that he has complete air. On the other hand, if he raises 4x BB you should consider his move to be a steal (again if he is a known loose player who raises a lot of pots). Hope this helps!

Victor Valentin