Googled my name on PS and found a Poker-Edge indepth report of my playstyle...

• Metamorphis
      Metamorphis
      Bronze
      I codn't view everything since the site seems to be only for people that uses the program or is registered there in one way or the other. The fact of the matter is that the site displays my playing style pretty well. It even gives off some information just by googling my PS name. I didn't post this up on the PS board because the site gathers information from other sites as well.

Not sure if that's good or not as I can always switch up my game and use it to my advantage instead.. But how many people use this thing? Is it to be expected that people use tools or sites with reports of mine or others play?
  • 15 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi metamorphosis.

I believe several pages actually outright ban the use of Poker-Edge in their Terms and Conditions, PokerStars do for sure!

In addition to this, with the latest actions taken by PokerStars to stop datamining, I believe Poker-Edge stopped offering information publicly in a searchable method.

News item about this.

Regards,
      Richard
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      Where did you find this? I'd be interested to see if I'm on it.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Lol I just googled my name and found a pretty sick fold of mine :f_biggrin:

Now I'm so happy I folded that hand, cuz more than half of my stack were already in this pot :D

I changed my stars name to pokerstrat name cuz I don't want to leak out my stars name^^

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ragney ($31.33) 125bb
      UTG+1 Hero ($29.73) 119bb
      CO HaveFunGuys ($25) 100bb
      BTN neverJager ($25.57) 102bb
      SB Minajev3 ($25.10) 100bb
      BB mathijauskas ($41.51) 166bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 4:heart: 4:diamond:
      ragney raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, 3 folds, mathijauskas calls $0.60

Flop: K:heart: 4:spade: 6:club: ($2.65, 3 players)
      mathijauskas checks, ragney bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10, mathijauskas folds

Turn: K:club: ($6.85, 2 players)
      ragney bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: J:club: ($15.85, 2 players)
      ragney bets $10.25, Hero goes all-in $22.28, ragney folds

Final Pot: $36.35

Hero wins $46.61 (net +$16.88)

ragney lost $17.70
      mathijauskas lost $0.85
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      I found something that looks strange, it says I have a 4/5 star rating for scheduled tournaments and a 5/5 for sng. I've also got a Pro badge ?(

http://pokerprolabs.com/topsharkpro

Anyone know what this site is? I've never come across it before. Are those stats legit??
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      Lol I just googled my name and found a pretty sick fold of mine :f_biggrin:

Now I'm so happy I folded that hand, cuz more than half of my stack were already in this pot :D

I changed my stars name to pokerstrat name cuz I don't want to leak out my stars name^^

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ragney ($31.33) 125bb
      UTG+1 Hero ($29.73) 119bb
      CO HaveFunGuys ($25) 100bb
      BTN neverJager ($25.57) 102bb
      SB Minajev3 ($25.10) 100bb
      BB mathijauskas ($41.51) 166bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 4:heart: 4:diamond:
      ragney raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, 3 folds, mathijauskas calls $0.60

Flop: K:heart: 4:spade: 6:club: ($2.65, 3 players)
      mathijauskas checks, ragney bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10, mathijauskas folds

Turn: K:club: ($6.85, 2 players)
      ragney bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: J:club: ($15.85, 2 players)
      ragney bets $10.25, Hero goes all-in $22.28, ragney folds

Final Pot: $36.35

Hero wins $46.61 (net +$16.88)

ragney lost $17.70
      mathijauskas lost $0.85
      But what did you have?!
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      I'm gonna guess AK.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Ok couldn't find the HH, I really don't know what I had ;(

It should be AK KQ or AA.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hehe i googled my name and the only info i could get was "Shark - He is a very solid player with a tight and aggressive playing style. He should be avoided at the..." that was in the google description but when i clicked on it it just takes me to the home page X( bit of a confidence boost! i wonder if it's actually real......
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I googled my name and got this :f_eek:

• mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      ^
      |

one of the better pics of roopopper
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      I googled my name and got this :f_eek:

lol it does look like you
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i'd recommend that you at least edit out everyone's name :f_biggrin:
      i figured out your stars name without too much trouble...
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i'd recommend that you at least edit out everyone's name :f_biggrin:
      i figured out your stars name without too much trouble...
      Wp sir :f_biggrin:

Too lazy to change everyone's name :P
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Metamorphis
      I codn't view everything since the site seems to be only for people that uses the program or is registered there in one way or the other. The fact of the matter is that the site displays my playing style pretty well. It even gives off some information just by googling my PS name. I didn't post this up on the PS board because the site gathers information from other sites as well.

Not sure if that's good or not as I can always switch up my game and use it to my advantage instead.. But how many people use this thing? Is it to be expected that people use tools or sites with reports of mine or others play?

so how accurate was the "in depth report"
    • Metamorphis
      Metamorphis
      Bronze
      Shevtshenko: I don't know cuz I didn't see much more than DrDunne.

Originally posted by DrDunne
      hehe i googled my name and the only info i could get was "Shark - He is a very solid player with a tight and aggressive playing style. He should be avoided at the..." that was in the google description but when i clicked on it it just takes me to the home page X( bit of a confidence boost! i wonder if it's actually real......
      The only difference was that it described me differently. I tried to google a small bit of the phrase in case someone had posted something about me and you could just google it to figure out my PS name. :p You couldn't, I found this instead;

http://www.fishorshark.com/

And it got a video that promotes Poker-edge on the bottom. It seems like it tries to figure out what kind of player you are based on how you play and makes the information public to those that uses poker-edge.

The description of me wasn't the same as DrDunne as it was from february 18th, before I started playing for money on Pokerstars and did freerolls only. :P And on those tables I called and raised alot cuz I didn't really care unless there was only 1000 left and I was just having fun to that point and actually tried after that.. So the info it got on me now is false but based on how I played back then it is right. I still find this thing to be f'd up, there's probably more progs out there that might be more accurate and I created this thread to get an idea of how many that might use similar software even though it's ''banned''.