Which poker room for me??

• Vip3rNZ
      Ok, so i'm a cash game player who likes to play ALOT of volume ( Up to 24 tables at a time / up to 10k hands a day), I started on pokerstars with a $10 deposit and am now up to $170 USD, i've now withdrawn all this in the hopes of depositing it at another site and grinding out the first deposit bonus, along with any other bonuses I can get in that same time aswell as hopefully show a profit in the actual games :D

I Originally decided on cake poker, except after talking to their customer service i found out that their first deposit bonus is not friendly with a rakeback account, so now i need to find a new room.

I was thinking about poker770 due to the 200% bonus and the volume of games is not as bad as some other sites, I play at the 4NL/5NL level currently and i play FR so from what i can see they have atleast 5-10 tables of those types at most times, i mite need to wait on some waiting lists, and i wont be able to table select, i will be looking to be at all the tables for my level.

I've figured out that if i deposit my $170 to poker 770

My first deposit bonus will be cleared at a rate of 43% rakeback for cash game players up to NL4.

Also with the points770 i acquire over the time it takes to grind the full bonus I will be able to afford $25 cash bonus from their VIP store. Which is very little.

I still need to figure out at what rate i can get the points 770 giving that i will only be able to play a small number of tables at once.

Does anyone have any ideas for a different poker room where I could get more value? be this by having more volume, or some other promotion, like rake races that are achievable in my stakes/volume range.

Does anyone else have experience depositing their bankroll at a site with the intention of grinding out the first deposit bonus and whatever other bonuses you can get in that time? at any site?
  • 5 replies
    • MatejM47
      Grinding out the FDB really isnt as profitable as it sounds. FDB is basically incresed RB and if you try to do it on a site with VIP program you get pretty much screwed.

Lets say you go for a FDB on party poker for 500$ you have to rake 1500$ to clear it giving you 30% RB but you only get 8% regular rakeback since you start at the lowest VIP lvl.

Thats only 38% rakeback which really isnt that great, especially since the rake it self is about 25% higher then it is on stars.

Being a micro player your probably way better off playing on a fixed 30% rakeback site + clearing the FDB gives you a RB boost at start. I think some Ipoker sking offer 50% rakeback. Not sure if those players have special deals or if thats standard there as i never played there myself.

Honestly playing micro's your best bet is still stars since they have the lowest rake and your not really forced to switch sites for better games selection untill you hit at least nl50/100
    • Vip3rNZ
      Ok thats one vote for stars, with some good reasoning :)

Also, you seem to know alot about rake, could you maby answer these questions?

How high is the rake % at stars? found that this is 4.4% with a cap of $1 at FR 5NL

How high is the rake % at poker770? found out this is 1c per 15c pot (6.6%) cap $1 at 4NL

So the rake is about 50% higher at poker 770 compaired to stars at my limit.
    • RasTweet
      Hey Vip3rNZ!

We have a thread dedicated to find the right poker room for you.

Go to this thread, read the first post, reply and someone will help you to find the room that suits you best!

@Matej: Thanks for your brilliant answer! :f_love:

• Vip3rNZ
      Ahh i was looking for that thread! couldn't find it so i just posted here, it's ok i'm almost certain i'm going to re-deposit at stars after all.

I've worked out that for the next 1600 VPP i gain i'll get about 40% rakeback via bonuses + i'm paying 50% less rake here then most other places, so thats already 33% rakeback lol

It's like getting 33% rakeback, then getting 40% rakeback on the remaining 66%, which would make it a total of 66% rakeback that i'm getting for the next 1600VPP :D

+ i can get killer volume and the new month is just starting so i'm going to try for 100VPP a day for whole month to earn gold status on stars, thisb will be fairly hard at 5nl i think, especially if i have to drop down, which is always possible. :)

Anyway, thanks for your insights Matej. :D MUCH APPRECIATED! :)
    • zeezeeflop
      wrong thread sorry