This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH, 3bet pot w/ air OOP

• dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($8.87) 222bb
      BTN ($6.36) 159bb
      SB ($3.25) 81bb
      dienaszaglis (BB) ($4.28) 107bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 4 players) dienaszaglis is BB J:club: A:spade:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $0.12, 1 fold, dienaszaglis raises to $0.36, BTN calls $0.24

Flop: 9:heart: 7:club: Q:heart: ($0.74, 2 players)
      dienaszaglis bets $0.44, BTN calls $0.44

Turn: Q:diamond: ($1.62, 2 players)
      dienaszaglis checks, BTN bets $0.77, dienaszaglis folds

Villain is 19/8, OR@BU=33%, c-bet=0, AF:0.8, 59h

PRE
      I`m ahead of his open-raising range, but is 3-betting the best option? Sample size on the villain is small, but as he`s passive, I could have just called and at least could see free turn most of the time, even OOP.

FLOP
      I think his PRE calling range is 77-JJ, AJo+, KQo, KJs, KQs, AJs, AQs.
      Calculations in FlopZilla shows, that he`s at least calling about 50% of the all combos which means by c-bet is still profitable, as my bet has to work a little bit more than 1/3 of the time.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dienaszaglis,

Preflop: Don't like that much the 3bet cause you just letting him continue with better hands and force worse to fold.

As played
      Postflop: Doesn't make sense to CB in first place here if you just planning to Check/Fold the turn. Therefore just Check/Fold right on the flop while the board isn't the best to CB.

Best Regards.