nl2 project!

• errr1
      errr1
      Bronze
      just want to know how long it will take me to build a proper bankroll and to get to at least nl50...

i have infinite of free time and i want to demonstrate (to others and to me) that its possible to grind up from the lowest of micro limits...

starting with $20 on pokerstars!

playing 6 max only and no zoom

bankroll management:

if i will have 15bi for higher limit i will move up
      if i fall below 10bi for that limit i will climb down to rebuild

first sessions will be probably sick, need to adjust to raising 6 cents and need to take it pretty seriously...

starting today right after pokerstars updates server...
  • 85 replies
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Well, I deposited 30$ at January 16th, and started at NL2. Now my BR is ~300$, I'm about to move up to NL10.

It's probably will take you much less time, but good luck with your project. Will be fun to follow.
    • Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      How many table you open? 18-24?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section and it seems you've got quite a good one you're starting!

This sounds like it'll be mighty interesting, I'll be following with interest and I wish you the best of luck!

Hoping for frequent updates and I wish you the best rungood imaginable at the micros!

Any particular reason for the very small 10BI starting point?
      How will FPPs once you start moving up be used?

When you're saying "get to NL50" as the goal, will this also be based on the 15BI brm for when it's considered successful?

Regards,
      Richard
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      What games do you usually play?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Why no Zoom, at least on the lowest limits?
    • Homelie
      Homelie
      Bronze
      Hi,

this will be intresting blog for me. i started to play with 50$ on PS after last christmas.

i have now $370 BR and will move to NL10 next month, although my BR plan is to have 30BI(better be careful as a beginner) i started to play NL5 just at the beginning of May(doubled my BR since that) so i want to finish it on that level :)

so im looking forward to be inspired by your juourney thru the micros, wish you lot of the biggest fishes on the tables :D
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      Will follow this :)

I'm recently back to poker my self and had to grind thru NL2. Definitely do-able, even after a long break I had 10BB/100 in about 20k hands.

Good luck with your challenge !
    • Meda1985
      Meda1985
      Bronze
      Sounds interesting! Will be following this... :)
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      *following*

doing the same as Sinsas above me, back grinding the micros with a $10 bonus from party and at $21 after a days play so lets see where we go!

be interesting to see how many hands it takes you to jump levels!

Good luck bro :s_cool:
    • Madejski
      Madejski
      Bronze
      I did not deposit a cent, started from freerolls, won 3.85 euros. Now, after 6 months I have solid BR on 5 sites and cashout every month 400-500 euros. Playing micros!!!
    • errr1
      errr1
      Bronze
      ooooh, thank you for all your replies :) i wasn't even thinking that nl2 will be interest of anyone :)

staktas:

i really hope it doesnt take me half year :) how many hands did you played together? and what is your bb/100 at nl2? gl at nl10 :)

Mon3yMaChin3:

with $20 not more than 9 tables :) but later max would be 12

fruktpuff:

thank you for welcome :)

one particular reason is my tilt issues... i tilted almost my whole bankroll was playing nl50... was running bad, did not climbed down, continued to play, played badly... after while moved back to nl10... then made it to nl25 in two weeks... and started to playing zoom omaha..... variance, 30bi under ev... and here i am... :)

from nl25 i will start to use 30bi management and 40bi for nl50...
      nl50 is just shorterm goal :)

and one of the main reason of this blog is that i want make me understand that, if i build up bankroll from nl2! i hope i will start to value the whole time and effort put in and maybe hopefully after that i will keep promise to proper bankroll management.

mccol001:

in last few weeks i was playing everything from nl50 to nl5... and now nl2 is my limit :D

Krishjanis:

i am fuc_ink scared of zoom! really, i dont want to see it anymore!

Homelie:

nice work man:) now i have increased motivation to chase you! thanks man and good luck at tables too :)

sinsas:

nice man:) what is your br right now? and already playing nl5? how many tables are you playing? i was hoping for 10bb/100 or more :) so nice :)
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      I started playing NL2 with 25$ on 10 april this year and grinded it to ~500$ and I'm playing NL20/NL30 at the moment. my total NLHE winnings are around 700$ actually, but thanks to some omaha/mtt/sng spewing I have 500 atm :D

here's a link to my blog in case you are interested :)
      No second chance micro stakes blog
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      @errr1 I'm swinging in ~140-160$BR for the time being, playing 0.02/0.04£ which is effectively 0.03/0.06$ at ladbrokes where I got my 3rd starting capital from PS ~2 weeks ago

I have started a blog here too, mainly for my self for motivation and blowing off steam. Just can't add link in sig ( I must be total noob ), every time i try I just get full link instead of title with hyperlink to blog :)

here it is anyway - 2nd starting capital, 2nd chance ( graph for NL2 at the bottom of the page )

EDIT: I play 6 tables, traffic isn't too good on lad's. Though in mid day-evening I could get more, but I use my laptop to play and it is not very comfortable to play more. Only when I previously plaid on pokerstars I could manage 9x6max's NL10. Oh and btw I'm playing 6max on lads too.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi errr1

Welcome to the blogging section!

This is going to be such an interesting blog! I'm going to follow this. I wonder how fast you'll be going up the limits.

Are you going to stick to that BRM even when you're up to about nl25 or so?

Best of luck on the tables! And I'm looking forward to your first nl2 session!

RasTweet
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      how long are you gonna play each day or how many hands you hoping to play? what was your old NL2 bb/100?
    • errr1
      errr1
      Bronze
      joeldowey123:

so you are even more hardcore with $10 :) but we are on the same boat right now :) gl man :) we gonna kill it:)

Madejski:

you are my hero now! right next to 0Human0 :) and move from micros! now!

booomm:

nice blog man :) yep variance is a bitch, but it needs to make us stronger :) so stay strong and wait for hotrun:) gl at tables:)

sinsas:

nice graphs, you managed to get from badrun and you are climbing higher and higher :) gl

RasTweet:

thank you for your kind words and greeting :)
      at nl25 i would like to have 30bi, now, i am trying to climb fastest as possible with agro brm.

btw first session was nice ;) 4 bi in 1000 hands and then i lost AA 200bb deep :) almost had nl2 tilt :) but it looks nice.. i will post daily graphs

joeldowey123:

~8 hours, i would be happy with 10, but sometimes its hard to concentrate all that time and i am loosing a motivation... but i will try to do it every day :)

goal is to play more then 6k hands per day

i was never playing nl2, but this month i was 24 tabling nl5 one day and had 12bb/100 in 20k hands. but now i am on my laptop and i am not able to play so many tables

but if this challenge will go slow i will change it... but cooler is to noisy and i started to hate that sound...
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi errr1

Thanks for your answer! I read all the posts before but somehow I managed to miss Rich asking you about your BRM already :( Very kind of you to answer again though!

RasTweet
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Having played NL50, doesn't it feel like the money is not worth anything on NL2? Do you feel like taking more flips because of it? What other ways does it affect you?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      good stuff. shame about the tilt but im sure if/when you succeed you will value the game more :D im currently on nl5 so would love to see some hands posted and some discussions going on