This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 jj

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $1.68 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 1
      SB: $3.00 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 2.3, Hands: 244
      Hero (BB): $5.00 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 2.2, Hands: 27908
      UTG: $1.96 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 4
      UTG+1: $8.34 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 4
      MP1: $18.48 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 233
      MP2: $3.39 - VPIP: 100, PFR: 50, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 2
      CO: $11.16 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 12

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with J:spade: J:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 7:club: 9:diamond: 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1, MP2 folds

ok to play it this way? he probably missed the flop and i thought i would get more value from him when he Cbets and folds to raise..
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

c/r flop for value is fine. I would prefer 3-betting myself pf to get more money in the pot with likely better hand

best regards,
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

c/r flop for value is fine. I would prefer 3-betting myself pf to get more money in the pot with likely better hand

best regards,
      aside from being OOP i don't understand why 3betting pre is good.. im sure it's just turning it into a bluff since we don't really want a call. if we get a call then we are probably 50% at best if up against AK/AQ, but i only see AK, QQ and maaaybe TT calling a 3bet there. other than that then we will either get folds from anything less or 4bet with hands like AA/KK that didn't try to trap.

is the point of the 3bet to take the pot down preflop? i normally just play JJ for set value vs a raise..
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

best regards,
      aside from being OOP i don't understand why 3betting pre is good.. im sure it's just turning it into a bluff since we don't really want a call. if we get a call then we are probably 50% at best if up against AK/AQ, but i only see AK, QQ and maaaybe TT calling a 3bet there. other than that then we will either get folds from anything less or 4bet with hands like AA/KK that didn't try to trap.

is the point of the 3bet to take the pot down preflop? i normally just play JJ for set value vs a raise..
      trust me, 100/50 player (although only with 2 hands) would call with worse hands, than JJ- I think you see a lot of suited cards, most broadway hands and if he is maniac he would get all-in with worse hands.
      calling JJ for set value is not the best play, since you can extract a lot more value if you put more money in likely the best hand.
      And even if he folds this time, you can 3-bet again if you have aces and he would then likely get all-in or at least call a lot lighter (if you were just called pf and played passively, then good players know your 3-bet range is very tight and they would fold all the worst hands)