greek pkrstrategy newbie

• aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      hey everyone! just signed up about a couple of hours ago and decided to introduce myself as lots of others did :D

i come from greece and this is my last year of studies(i guess).despite being only 21, i've been playing poker for the past 3-4 years.i am a pokerstars member since 2009 so i consider mysself as a quite old one to the game.

i love mtts and sngs,although i could play cash as well depending on my will.i ve been trying over the time to build my br and have succeeded several times by playing just sngs, particularly double or nothings ( current fifty-50s).the fact that i withdrew my br every time i did that and also lack of time due to university or lack of skill maybe didn't let me have a stable br and just play mtts every day as i would like.i m currently tring micro multi sngs from 1$ to 4$ turbos of course and taking shots to mtts that are worth playing such as the sunday storm.my goal is to become a regular winner fisrtly at these levels which is quite easy as i see till now and then consider it more seriously as finding a job at greece isn't quite possible nowadays.

anyway the main reason for posting here was to introduce myself to the community and..i will be posting everywhere soon take care everyone!

ps sorry for the long post :D
  • 12 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hello there aokara09 - newbie :) - and a warm welcome to our forums!

I see you've been playing a while, so I imagine you've gathered a few poker stories in that time!
      So why not tell us some of them and start a blog, since you obviously don't mind talking a bit! :D

Anyway, make sure you use all the materials you can on here and get crushing those games.

If you need to know where anything is or you want to know something, please just ask,we are here to help ok?

Very best regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      thanx for the answer Mal as also for welcoming :)

regarding my poker stories, i am not that type of person that would remember a lot, even though during a conversation a lot of past things may come to my mind! my last big disappointment however was when i lost just one place before the bubble on a greek live tour( my 1st ever live tour)..

i had about 11 blinds on the sb and i got A8o..table folded to the co who raised-but i didn't care about him,cause he was raising any2- twice the big blind. i then shoved for my stack and he snap called with J7o..flop came 9 8 4, turn J river J and that was it..the craziest about this hand is that the guy had no more than 20 bbs himself...OMG

i wanted to ask you Mal about the blog. what is this supposed to be? something like a personal diary i guess? i ve just heard of the term but have no idea what it's for :(
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi it's me again!

Now, about this blog stuff. My apologies I should have been more forthcoming with the information.

Ok, clicking this link will take you to the 'Your Poker Bogs' forum:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1435

What you do then is click 'New thread', think of a snappy title and start posting your thoughts, hands you found made youthink a bit, what you did today, what you had to eat, etc., etc., etc.,..

Read a few pages of some of the other people's blogs and you'll soon get the idea of what they are about. They are a great way to meet like-minded people and get advice on tricky situations you came across during play.
      We can put the link into your signature for you so people can click to visit it.

Blogs...seriously recommended! :s_cool:

More questions? got ya covered!

Regards again,

Mal.
    • aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      ok thanx i will check that asap ;)
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Welcome m8.You will find some Greeks here (i am one of them).You can check also this thread about Greece although it's not very active.

I hope you ''ll enjoy your journey here . Best of luck !

EnterG
    • aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      thanx a lot m8! i wish this thread was an active one..but we greeks are so lazy all the time lol :D i'm thinking of creating a personal blog so that i track my development and also try to get better. i would be glad if you joined me there as well :)
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      hehe welcome ! i am one of them also ;)
    • aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w4terman
      hehe welcome ! i am one of them also ;)
      hehe you mean newbies or greeks?
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      greek ofcourse! :D
    • aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w4terman
      greek ofcourse! :D
      hey there too :)
    • aokara09
      aokara09
      Bronze
      hey guys! i created a blog here yesterday so you are welcome to join me for useful discussions if you'd like ;)

title is: plans of an amateur-mtt&sngs only
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      magical