[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Tt

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Villain is 44/20 after 25 hands, 0.4 Af. I 3bet since I think I will get called by a lot of worse.

Flop: valuebet vs. underpairs, flush draws, gutshots
      Turn: check behind to pot control
      River: I don't see a valuebet

Correctly played?

Thanks
      Matt

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.15)
      BB ($7.80)
      UTG ($37.93)
      UTG+1 ($10.95)
      Hero ($11.67)
      BTN ($14.08)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.95) 3:diamond: A:diamond: 4:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.12, UTG calls $1.12

TURN ($4.19) 3:diamond: A:diamond: 4:spade: J:heart:

UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($4.19) 3:diamond: A:diamond: 4:spade: J:heart: Q:heart:

UTG checks, Hero checks
      UTG shows K:diamond: T:diamond: (Pre 36%, Flop 47.4%, Turn 34.1%) Hero shows T:heart: T:club: (Pre 64%, Flop 52.6%, Turn 65.9%) UTG wins $3.92
  • 8 replies
    • durinko
      durinko
      Bronze
      Personally, I would just flat pre-flop (but if you have such reads on him, I think that it is okay :) )

otherwise I would probably play it the same way - I don't want to check behind after 3betting and on later streets there is no need to inflate the pot with overcards coming imo. We have some showdown value so check/check seems fine
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Preflop: 25 hands -> no sample, I'd just flat and play postflop. TT is way too strong to 3bet/Fold.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment, I'd also rather CB than just give up directly here.

Best Regards.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: 25 hands -> no sample, I'd just flat and play postflop. TT is way too strong to 3bet/Fold.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment, I'd also rather CB than just give up directly here.

Best Regards.
      On the topic of 3bet/folding, is it really such a crime to 3bet/fold a value hand like AJ, AQ, 99-JJ against a fish? The reasoning behind this would be that they will call us with heaps of weaker hands (since they only look at their holding, not at the situation), but if we get raised then we're most likely beat this time around. I realise this would heavily dependent on the opponent, so let's assume we're dealing with a loose-passive, that is unlikely to be 4betting/going broke with weaker hands than our value 3betting range.

Thanks
      Matt
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze

But if we call, we might get into a multiway pot with TT oop, and we'd have to fold to any overcard.
      I mean, isn't a raise here good in order to diminish the number of opponents?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You don't know yet if he is a fish or not, just that he has for 25 hands such stats doesn't mean he is a fish. According the stack doesn't seem so.

If we get into multiway pot then so? TT plays really well also in multiway pots. With TT we even want to play multiway if we hit big time our set -> more likely to get paid.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      You don't know yet if he is a fish or not, just that he has for 25 hands such stats doesn't mean he is a fish. According the stack doesn't seem so.

If we get into multiway pot then so? TT plays really well also in multiway pots. With TT we even want to play multiway if we hit big time our set -> more likely to get paid.
      I thought I made it clear my question about 3bet/folding was supposed to be general. Can we 3bet/fold those hands against loose-passive fish in general?

About their stack size, I'd say fish are more likely to have big stacks rather than small, since they're more likely to play crazily (minraising, limp-re-raising) and thus get more folds, but that's just my opinion + it's irrelevant to our discussion.

Can you please answer my question, then?

Thanks
      Matt
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I thought I made it clear my question about 3bet/folding was supposed to be general. Can we 3bet/fold those hands against loose-passive fish in general?

Yes, sure we can if we also assume him open-raising a lot of hands. :)

About their stack size, I'd say fish are more likely to have big stacks rather than small, since they're more likely to play crazily (minraising, limp-re-raising) and thus get more folds, but that's just my opinion + it's irrelevant to our discussion.

And was he? I'd say the opposite, fish may hold a big stack for some hands but he will gamble it fast away. If we were deep then easy 3bet.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze

Yes, sure we can if we also assume him open-raising a lot of hands. :)

And was he? I'd say the opposite, fish may hold a big stack for some hands but he will gamble it fast away. If we were deep then easy 3bet.
      great, thanks a lot!

Matt