browse posted hands by starting hand

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      I think it would be great if we could see the posted hands filtered by starting hands.

For example if i had problem playing KK and i would like to improve my game with it, then i could see all the KK hands that were posted and already discussed.

Or if we think further, there could be other filters as well, and the posted hands part of the forum could work as a database similar to what poker softwares' have. It would be possible then, that when i encounter a problem, like 'second barrel with top pair on a paired board from out of position', then i could search for similar situations already discussed on the forums easily.
      This way the enourmous knowledge, what is there in the evaluations and discussions of the hands on the forums, would become organized and easily accessible and i think it could serve as a very useful tool to improve our game.

Best regards,
      kesgab
  • 3 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      +1. but in the meantime you can use the search function ;)
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      +1. but in the meantime you can use the search function ;)
      You need 3 characters to search so i don't know how to search for starting hands.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      oh ok, then that's a problem...
      how about, when you start a new thread in the hand evaluation boards, you get something like

Limit: .10/.20$, .15/.30$,etc (perhaps make it so it only displays the limits that "belong" to the current forum -- other option would be to post the thread in a given forum according to the limit chosen (which would be more complicated))

#of players: 3-6 (SH) / 7-9 (FR)

Starting hand: display selector, like in equilator

pot: limped/ raised / 3-bet / preflop decision
      players: HU / multi-way

-and maybe-

(if applicable), board: dry / coordinated

(additional title information) ?
      --

If you need a hand coding this, I'm a php/mysql geek, I could probably help ;)