MTT Challenge accepted - GET TO THE TOP!!

• uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, welcome to my blog!
      It was long time ago decided idea, but never got to the writing part until now. :D Hope for you understanding and advices to make it better in future if this really will interest someone.

Little about myself
      Im 23 years old ex student of School of Business and Finance BA (bachelor not done yet for 2 years cuz im just to lazy to write it, but i will do it next year!!). Started poker in freshmen year when my friend won his 1st $1k+ score and playing since then (this is 5th year). 1st couple of years i mixed it with my half time job and school, but last 2,5 years play it for living. Mostly play MTTs for like 3 years +/-. Tried practicly all type of games, but most of all i like MTTs cuz of excitement in those. In my opinion i have huge huge experiance in poker, cuz i have played aproximetly 25k MTTs all around the sites and 25k SNG’s, but never managed to get real real upswing yet (hope it will come). My biggest scores is 14k and 10k. Total MTT cashes tracked is 360k. Biggest tournaments i have played is 1K EUR buy in, 1k $ Buy in, few 500$ and 500 EUR. I never fancied cash games, but i know when i will get back on my feet i will try to get in to that, cuz i know thats very very important. Also have played a little live and thing that i can say is that it is much much different there. My biggest bankroll for poker yet has been 35k but now its down to 2k  . Downswings in MTTs is such a killers, those who play regulary knows...thats the biggest downside of MTTs inckuding that u sit in the chair all day and its not good to your health. Keep that in mind! In conclusion i have played practically everything in practically every buy in level (MTTs).

Life without poker
      Now after i understood how bad is this sitting in chair and never going outside, i started going to gym and more going out, walking around. I like to ride bicycle in summer and play basketball and football, swim. Summer is comming so need to start doing all thing that i can to keep myself to good health. When i was still in school i party a lot and drunk a lot, but those days are over, now i do those things rarely and i feel much better without drinking and smoking!

Short term goals:
      -complete my challenge
      -keep good health and take good care of my health (also long term)
      - spend good summer near beach and going to some summer festivals and party a little
      -update this blog
      -do not go broke
      -go to gym more offten

Long term goals:
      -make 50k bankroll for online poker
      -make Bankroll for live tournaments so i can travel and play some live events around the world
      -someday be able to go to WSOP and play events there
      -improve my game by taking different coaching
      -finish school ( write my bachelor)
      - complete other challenges
      -help some charities
      -travel around the world
      -make my family proud of what i do
      -crush MTTs 70$ and up
      -win WSOP
      -win SCOOP
      -win WCOOP
      -improve my mixed game skills (all types, love them)

Challenge – GET TO THE TOP
      Mission – Get out of my unreal downswings in all sites i play, by playing MTTs mostly from 2$ -30$ , with few exeptions + mixing in some 180mans turbo on stars from 3$r – 35$

Site list where i will play ( dont know the schedule yet at what time and what site i will play at the specific day. I will play on site where i willl have any money):
      1. Pokerstars
      2. Pokerstars FR
      3. Party Poker
      4. Pacific88
      5. Titan Poker (ipoker)
      6. Black Chip poker (Merge)
      7. Unibet (Ongame)
      8. 5050 poker (microgaming)

Dont know about last 2, if i will play on them

So on to the next, how much im behind in each site from the highest point:
      1. Pokerstars = -40 600$ (only schedule MTTs)
      2. Party Poker = -3 200$
      3. Pacific 888 = - 6 000$
      4. Titan Poker = -4 200$
      5. Black chip poker = -3 200$
      6. Pokerstars FR = -6 800$
      7. Unibet = -1 100$
      8. 5050 poker = 800$

Rules
      So my rule about BI wont apply for Pokerstars FR because, there just inst enough tournaments for the specific buy in that i can try to play, so on that site i will play higher buy in around avg 40$.
      On sites like Party Poker, Pacific, Titan Poker, and Black Chip Poker i will start with buy in from 2-30 $ and when the BR (bankroll) will be pretty stable (aproximetly 1 500 - 2 000$) i will start to mix in maybe some 50$ MTTs, because first of all on those sites are much worst players than on Stars even at that level and secondly there just isnt enough normal tournaments to play in so small buy in ar 2- 30$, but still i will only play max 50$ buy in. Most strict following the rules will be on regular STARS, because that site just gives me headache :D

Exeption MTTs

Here will be list of wxpetion MTTs that i will play out of my buy in limits, only when i feel comfortable with my BR and still not regulary, only maybe once a week or so (if the week will be with shown profit)

Here is the List:

1. Pokerstars - 100$ Sunday Kick Off (my favoutrite MTT) and also, maybe once a week 50$ BIG, 75$ and 55$ HOT or smth, will see but wont play any HUGE ones.
      2. PartyPoker – 30$ r
      3. Pacific 888 – 90$ Sunday Challenge and 55$ Saturday Challenge, Tuesday challenge 109$

Will also sometimes play last chance satellites, so if i win those i must play some higher buy in, but i wont play many of those.

Challenge doesnt apply for the poker series such as WCOOP, SCOOP, TCOOP, etc. At those i like to try and play them.

So thats it, Hopefuly i will reach my goal till the end of September when is my birthday and WCOOP starts.

What i will do when i complete
      I really really want to complete this challenge so i find new motivation to keep playing poker and reaching new higher goals ( that i had for a long time and still have). Also if i will complete my Challenge i will take some coaching with few good players to try to imporve my game and hopefuly further on try to crush 70$ and up limits (dont think im bad at that limit, but still, maybe i do smth that i dont need to do in that level.)

How many tables and how many days i will play

I will play 3-4 days a week, and will try to update every day results, but every week will give weeks graph and +/- TO THE TOP

I will play 9-12 tables at once, i think thats the optimal. It will be about 30-35 tournaments per day + some SNG’s (but this can change)

Will start the challenge 1st of June.

Tried to start
      Tried to start this challenge last Saturday, got +1k that day with one 2nd place in 35$ 180man for 1,1k and 2nd place in early 33$ FO on stars for 750$ (both lost with best hand and in 180man had 1/5 advantage in HU and still lost...) but the Sunday set me waaay back, brick all day long in both STAR sites, played all sattys to WSOP ME qualifier on Pkerstars FR and got only 1 ticket (300 EUR) and bubbled in beats like 6 other ( -1k EUR that day in sattys + some other MTTS = -1,4k there of my 3,4k that i had there) and on regular stars the same all i played bricked and lost all Saturdays profit there. Afterwards this week i played Monday a little, Tuesday few SNG’s, Wednesday a little ( every day had like 2 F2T at least where 1st prize at least 1k, practicly all lost with 50%-80%, even had one FT on Monday on STARS in 13$ KO QQ <AK). So after all that lost motivation everyday more and more, but then again thought if there will be some rooting for me possibly it will make me at least less unhappy about all this MEGA DOWNSWING. Work, work work and hopefully after like half year downswing maybe i can GET TO THE TOP

So if u are interested to fallow please subscribe and u can leave all your comments below.

I will also try to put some hands that was interesting here so maybe we can disscuss.

If this will work will maybe expand this Blog, do some other challenges or maybe some other things (try to learn cash). But 1st in the list GET TO THE TOP!!!!

sorry but i wont post my total graphs, but i will post my challenge weekly graphs. But we can discuss privately about my full graphs.

CHELLENGE ACCEPTED

GL all grinders
  • 186 replies
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Nice blog dude ! I wish You best luck to overcome your downswing and ship WCOOP ME ;) btw, what did You mean by taking different coaching ?
      nice blog, subscribed.
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      I meant to try different style coaches and try maybe some cash coaching 2, live and online.

and thank you for kind words man.
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      At first I thought you're going to hire a football coach :D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to blogging!

Glad to see you back around here, been a while.

If memory serves, you're yet another Latvian member. We sure are getting a lot of Latvians blogging these days...

Best of luck with the challenges, and seems you've got a solid gameplan to make it happen!

One small comment though, I'm quite certain that Unibet is on Microgaming/Prima, not ongame, unlike what's said in your opening post.

Looking forward to following your progress!

Regards,
      Richard
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      Thank you man, nice to see that u are already head admin, nice job! ;)

Hope it will work, i really cant afford to go BUSTO, it will crush me.

about that Unibet, it is because my 24bet Poker account have been transfered to Unibet :)

best of luck in your job 2 :)
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      today im starting my challenge, so if ur interested u can follow. will start with 630$ on STARS and 1,5k EUR on PS.FR and 350$ for reserve.

By the way yesterday again played few MTTs and again got 14th in 3r where 1st was 4k, soo luckboxing continous.

Here is also few my graphs:

all games turbos $0-$35

all games all speeds 0$-35$

all games non turbo 0$-35$

all scheduled MTTs 0$-35$

all scheduled non turbo MTTs 0$-35$

In time of writing grind started with loosing against AA and with AA :D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hmm, seems you should focus on non-turbo for sure!
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      turbos is cool also, just bigger variance, but yeah non turbos graph is pretty awesome imo :)
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      last 7 MTTs left today and just made 1st FT, thought im gonna bust again in F2T and almost did when i run with 11 left my 88 into KK but sucked out.

So im in FT 30$ 1R1A (played with 30$) but im not in a soo good shape 8/9 with 17bb, 1,8k FTW, gogogogogo
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      and 8th place it iss.... shipped 7bb UTG with A8o and got called by AQ and QQ
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Still a nice result, even if it could've been better!

Much more so if you did it on a single buyin, too!
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      and 26th place in 33$ 500 cap and 23rd places in 11r.. very good times rollin, ballin...
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      soo the 1st day = -300$ (played together 45 MTTs today)
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      so after 1st session had like 5h sleep then woke up and couldnt sleep so fired up in 3 am some MTTs and just no in 10am i finished with 2x 1st places

in 23$ hyper turbo for 1,6k
      and 8$ 6-max turbo for 1k (even splited HU, was to tired)

played about 25 MTTs

so in 2nd session had like +2,4k

Now its a bit better situation and im pretty excited that 1st day of my challenge started so well, hope to get more followers soon
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Still a nice result, even if it could've been better!

Much more so if you did it on a single buyin, too!
      hey man, can u tell me please how can i make my signiture, so everybody can know that i have BLOG, ty ;)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Of course!

Click on this link: This one, right here!

Write your signature, open the "Options" button under the left corner of the input box, make sure you remove the checkmark at "Deactivate BBcode in this signature" or it'll screw up the signature.

If you prefer to skip using the link, in the upper left corner of any page on the forums, you'll have have the "Your profile" option next to search and whatnot, if you enter there, the top left of the six(I think?) options will be Edit Signature,which will bring you to the page I just linked.

If anything for some reason doesn't want to work, let me know.

Regards,
      Richard
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      Of course!

Click on this link: This one, right here!

Write your signature, open the "Options" button under the left corner of the input box, make sure you remove the checkmark at "Deactivate BBcode in this signature" or it'll screw up the signature.

If you prefer to skip using the link, in the upper left corner of any page on the forums, you'll have have the "Your profile" option next to search and whatnot, if you enter there, the top left of the six(I think?) options will be Edit Signature,which will bring you to the page I just linked.

If anything for some reason doesn't want to work, let me know.

Regards,
      Richard
      thank you a lot
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      You're most welcome, glad to see it's working fine.

How's your schedule for today for tournaments looking?
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      You're most welcome, glad to see it's working fine.

How's your schedule for today for tournaments looking?
      just started, will play on STARS and PS.FR, last night tried also Merge again, but dont feel like playing there for some time and Lock is off the Merge so traffic there little sucky now

Will play like till 11 PM (now its 6PM)

will update if something will be deep

Together 50 MTTs, just regged