[NL2-NL10] QQ gone wrong

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I absolutely hate how I played this hand. I was after his stack for a while, and he was playing 55/28/4, seeing river 76% (16/21)
      I was so greedy on the turn, that I just thought I wanted so badly to get to the river with him and not to scare off him that I didn't want to see that I needed to protect v. 2 flush draws and 1 str8 draw. So I bet small :facepalm: (and I really hate that).
      However my question is about the river. Forgetting about my turn play, how do we play the river?

Thanks a lot :heart:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $1.56
      SB: $2.15
      BB: $7.01
      UTG: $5.09
      Hero (UTG+1): $12.50
      MP: $1.71
      MP+1: $3.73
      CO: $4.39

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, CO calls $0.15, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47, 3 players) 4:diamond: 3:club: Q:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, CO calls $0.32, fold

Turn: ($1.11, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.68, CO calls $0.68

River: ($2.47, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets $0.78, CO raises to $1.75, Hero calls $0.97

CO shows A:club: 4:club: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 33%, Flop 29%, Turn 18%)
      Hero mucks Q:heart: Q:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 67%, Flop 71%, Turn 82%)
      CO wins $5.72
  • 3 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

The main mistake I see here is the turn. We should be betting bigger, the time that a 55/24 folds a flush draw is the time I give up poker. If he is calling 68 he will call 77, 85, 92 and probably 1.10, he may even bet his gf if it means he can see a river card.

I would suggest that whenever you are at the top of your range vs a fish and you see an opportunity to bet, then look at what you have typed in and then click an extra 3bbs. This will soon smash you win rate up up up.

On the river I think vs this opponent we can c/f as we have blockers to 3 out of the 4 queens and he won't bet a queen for value himself.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      I would suggest that whenever you are at the top of your range vs a fish and you see an opportunity to bet, then look at what you have typed in and then click an extra 3bbs. This will soon smash you win rate up up up.

:f_love:

On the river I think vs this opponent we can c/f as we have blockers to 3 out of the 4 queens and he won't bet a queen for value himself.
      What about the K? 2 pair (Kx)? AK?

I have also seen slowplays from loose players who go mad after something fills up on the board (they didn't protect, now they want you out at the wrong time - like me :facepalm: but at bigger scale ). Not sure if here it applies though?

Thanks a lot :heart:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I think we can discount AK a large percentage of the time as 1) he didnt reraise pre flop an 2) he called the flop without connecting. Perhaps Ac Kx but still he has more combinations of flushes than he does AK that play this way.

For the same reasons as above I doubt he has Kx very often and will even check back sometimes as he is obviously relatively passive.