[NL2-NL10] Folding tpgk

• noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Sorry didnt have a hud on so will have to copy by hand from the in game hh..

table is 6max nl4
      Im on the button with AJo,
      Me and the LAG are 200bb deep and the unknown is 100bb

LAG player raises UTG to 16p,
      unknown calls
      I call too.

Flop comes Ad 3d 8s (pot 57p)
      LAG raises 27p
      unknown raises £1.30
      Hero?????????

Was so happy with my tpgk at first but against a 3bet from a player on his FIRST hand.... Fold right?
  • 10 replies
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      I think it's a fold.
      you do not even have TPTK, unknown looks like he's willing to play for stack, and you have the LAG behind you still to act, so if you call, you don't close the action.
      it's not a good spot.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by William340
      I think it's a fold.
      you do not even have TPTK, unknown looks like he's willing to play for stack, and you have the LAG behind you still to act, so if you call, you don't close the action.
      it's not a good spot.
      +1

you may want to consider a (bluff) squeeze preflop. position! :f_biggrin:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

players would not bluffraise on Axx boards, so even if you had opened and unknown player would 3-bet I think AJ would be still b/f a lot of times. Here it is easy fold, since your hand is relatively weak and against UTG c-bet + late position raise you´re often way behind

best regards,
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Yeah I kinda knew it was a fold, glad I didnt get tempted by it...

Btw squeeze wouldnt work because the players on this site and this table were so bad. But is it ok to call with this hand behind a raise and a call from the button? I shouldnt be 3betting or folding this hand right?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noz03
      Yeah I kinda knew it was a fold, glad I didnt get tempted by it...

Btw squeeze wouldnt work because the players on this site and this table were so bad. But is it ok to call with this hand behind a raise and a call from the button? I shouldnt be 3betting or folding this hand right?
      Hi,

I think AJ is strong enough to call pf. If you 3-bet AJ then not to make better hands to fold (maybe only AQ would fold), but rather to take down pot pre-flop or with c-bets postflop, also if players are bad they might easily call with worse hands

best regards,
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      So call was also correct? This is the part that really confuses me, when I have a reasonable hand like AJo and someone raises ahead of me, Im in position so I dont think I should fold but I dont also want to 3bet a hand like this.
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      So call was also correct? This is the part that really confuses me, when I have a reasonable hand like AJo and someone raises ahead of me, Im in position so I dont think I should fold but I dont also want to 3bet a hand like this.
      I think Kaitz20 said it was fine to call there. :f_biggrin:
      given your read on the original opener as LAG, it seems fine to me.
      if he were a rock or a nit, then it would not be advisable.
      but against a LAG and the unknown caller, overcalling is fine, as long as you are careful postflop.
      and it seems you were.
      the unknown either flopped a big hand or was playing like he might have.
      you were sandiched between him & the LAG.
      better to get out for the small loss & see what develops.
      you can wait until you have a stronger hand, or a stronger read on the unknown.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello noz03,

Preflop: Don't like the Call here and turn the hand into multiway pot, it's very likely that blinds also join into the pot and you rarely can hit big with such a hand and most likely start to overplay your hand. Therefore I'd rather squeeze with off-suited hand.

As played
      Postflop: Easy fold, not much you can do here, especially being deeper.

Best Regards.
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Squeeze means trying to bluff them both out right? To be honest I dont think it would work at these levels, most of the fish have almost the same range to call a 3bet as they do to raise pre flop, or they just shove it all in with a lot of hands too. Just my experience on this poker room that I never see people folding to 3bets like I do on nl2 of 770.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Squeeze means trying to bluff them both out right? To be honest I dont think it would work at these levels, most of the fish have almost the same range to call a 3bet as they do to raise pre flop, or they just shove it all in with a lot of hands too. Just my experience on this poker room that I never see people folding to 3bets like I do on nl2 of 770.
      Here is the definition: link.