NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($54.90)
      Hero ($65.14)
      UTG ($50.57)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      CO ($107)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero 5:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $3

FLOP ($9) 5:club: 7:spade: 2:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB raises to $14, Hero raises to $60.64 (AI),

The guy is 24/18 off 60 hands

This is possibly the worst way to play this, I guess I thought a lot of the time he's just full of shit but will still have good equity vs me (like a FD+overs or even just overcards). how would you play it on the flop? Not cbet? or just bet/fold?
  • 4 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

I like preflop! Calling sucks a bit cause if we hit our top pair we always always lose against better aces and there are lots of them.

I also think the flopcbet for protection is perfectly fine here, also the sizing. It sucks a bit after SB ch/raises here and I think veriz is going to fold here... But I also don't see many valuehands exept for sets (which he might not have) are going to play raise/broke here. So I am actually thinking about all 3 options. But calling sucks a bit because we give a free card and there are many cards that arn't good for us. I probably ship here too because I expect to see many folds...

Looking forward to veriz' comment
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bradomurder,

While we also block the A I don't really see any reason to Bet/Shove here while we don't even know what kind of dynamics we had there. No worse most likely Call, so you just kindish turning your hand into bluff and trying to make to fold something like TT.

CBetting of course is a must to protect.

Best Regards.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I guess I'm not even trying to get him to fold TT or something because I don't see him calling the 3bet and then c/r them, It's more that I think his range probably has a lot of bluffs (that mostly have good equity vs me) so I'm trying to fold them out and end it there

so you recommend bet/fold then?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      I guess I'm not even trying to get him to fold TT or something because I don't see him calling the 3bet and then c/r them, It's more that I think his range probably has a lot of bluffs (that mostly have good equity vs me) so I'm trying to fold them out and end it there

so you recommend bet/fold then?
      Well, everything is possible here, depends also on our image on the table for the 60 hands and also on his image. But as I pointed out that we also have the A which makes him less like to Check/Raise with nutFD+overcard(s) or something similar I wouldn't pick any fancy lines without any dynamic nor reads, just that he is a REG. Hard to put him on a correct range cause I would not exclude strong hands neither when he plays like that.

But neither ain't your play yourself very wrong if you also assume he is bluff -> this should be pretty clear how to play the hand. We can't 3bet normal amount therefore we just Bet/Shove without expectations I'd rather leave the pot alone. Usually it's hard to say if you weren't even playing on the table and don't really know what kind of dynamics you guys had on the table. :)

Oh and the range you estimated (FD+overcards) has you beat and is even ahead when you get it in on the flop. For example K:sQ.

Board: 5:club: 7:spade: 2:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.77%  46.77%   0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  53.23%  53.23%   0.00% { As5d }