UTG: $19.05
      UTG+1: $13.66
      MP: $30.31
      MP+1: $27.48
      Hero (LP): $54.59
      CO: $25.00

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has A:club: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.35, 2 players) T:spade: 8:spade: 4:club:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35, 2 players) 5:heart:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.35, 2 players) K:heart:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3.00, UTG+1 raises to $11.16 and is all-in

Standard fold vs unknown?
  • 10 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Vs unknown I like the play and I'm calling it off since lots of things missed + can turn into bluff... + he's fishy. + we showed a lot of weakness.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello IhasLuck,

Just Bet/Call the river, he may easily even have some missed draws which decided to turn into bluff there. Might even have himself some kind of Kx hand which decided to go for value.

Best Regards.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      chb flop, you have no eq ...
      this board just hits the opp's range so hard you have no feq
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      chb flop, you have no eq ...
      this board just hits the opp's range so hard you have no feq
      Easy CB for value even I'd say vs limping range vs could be pretty wide and not including only PPs. The purpose of the CB is also securing us a free card for river or either if we hit 2nd barrel or some good card as overcard which he will have hard time calling and gives us extra equity.

Hits hard? I'd like to know what range do you put him on then? :f_biggrin:
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      only 12% of the deck helps ott... Q isn't good card and neither is J ... (still Q>J deffo), however, will you really happy barrel these and feel comfortable?

if you're cbetting AKo here, you're cbetting close to 100% in this spot...
      my range for him is capped sc/one-two gappers ... just nice looking hands, which have quite often at least gutshot here and I really don't think he's folding it like ever.

i think we will chb like 75% of the time ott ... (if we cbet your mentioned overcards like J - which is imho terrible and Q - not that much.. ) ... it's just a meh for me ... actually we can't pick up any eq ott... at least A/K comes...

and for me it's just guessing game ...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My basic question was, what's his limp/calling range?

How can you say 12% of the deck helps him if you don't even give out his range?
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      My answer is we don't know we can just estimate .. That's why I'm saying it's guessing game...

as I said mostly it's sc/one-twogappers just the nice looking hands very often capped...

btw not saying 12% helps him ... but us .. (means we will barrel 12% + Q/J - which is imho bad but w/e...) :o)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      btw not saying 12% helps him ... but us .. (means we will barrel 12% + Q/J - which is imho bad but w/e...) :o)
      Well, you can't say that either if you don't know even his range, how do you know what helps us or what not? As I said we could even be ahead with our Ace high here vs limping range, especially if he is a fish (look at his stack).

as I said mostly it's sc/one-twogappers just the nice looking hands very often capped...

Well, assuming he is a fish I would definitely widen up his range and vs very wide range as I said already we could even be ahead -> Betting for value. Being OOP it's Check/Fold but not being IP and might be too weak even to give up vs loose guy.

Also main idea is not only gain fold equity but secure ourselves 1 free cards, that's the main idea usually by CBetting in first place vs those loose opponents.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      sry for not responding :D I've fallen asleep, lul ~~

ok let's see then ...

Agree? imho VERY optimistic l/c range (just to make it more +ev for you)...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here we can see, how his range hits the board - important for us is "Nothing", where we can assume he will fold. (even though I'm pretty sure he will most likely peel some combos from this part, but w/e!)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This means he calls you MORE than 65% time. (cbet for immediate profit is NOT profitable we need ~40%fe) ....

and since we will most likely just play x/f and x/f for the next two streets and give our opponent free cards (we can't barrel anything unless we hit A/K maybe Q)

his range is ahead ... and our playability sucks I don't see a reason to cbet there... like ever!

we will donate on flop and then fold on ANY aggro move (donk ott, otr / c-r any street) unless we hit A/K (12% and when As or Ks comes we're screwed too) ... it's just ... no potential at all and he will just freeroll us in like 76% of the time... (then his lame call otf will be profitable)...

just nah ... this is chb :) )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, you answered your question already yourself here. I'd of course widen even up his range of fishy player:

Board: T:spade: 8:spade: 4:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    51.95%  51.73%   0.22% { 99-22, AJs-A2s, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T4s+, 95s+, 85s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, AJo-A2o, K8o+, Q7o+, J7o+, T8o+, 96o+, 86o+, 76o }
      UTG+1  48.05%  47.83%   0.22% { AcKd }

We already have almost 50/50 case here. You pointed out that he has nothing 35% of the cases with your range so I assume with with my range it's around 40%. So makes already profitable.

What also we you didn't take into account that actually he has a lot of draws in his range which we beat with our Ace high and not to talk about when we can even 2nd barrel for value if we improve. So why do you still argue if you even making those calculations and getting the same conclusion as me? :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: